1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

El ****ico - Liverpool v Chelsea

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Bristol Blue, Jan 16, 2023.

1. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

A lot of comments online about the forthcoming ‘El Shitico’. For me, I guess it’ll be a 1-1 score draw.

2. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Should be a cracking game, both teams absolutely desperate for the points.
    We have the better excuse for poor form with all the bollocks of the sale, sacking Tuchel, the injury list, so it goes on. Liverpool have a few injuries but none of our off field dramas, real mystery why they've been so poor recently. Maybe they have been a bit slow in realising they have a few players ageing and not getting better ??
    Ditto City !! What's going on?? Looks as if the Old Wheel is turning like it does regularly in Cricket and Rugby. One minute you're on top, next your upside down and on the bottom !!

Diego and Bristol Blue like this.
  3. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

Well it was always thought this could be a weird season due to short pre season and break in the middle and it is in spades.
    As for us we appear to have emptied the tanks last season and are still so lethargic despite being halfway thru the season plus an over the hill midfield have combined with a loss of form in vital players have combined in a perfect storm .
    Despite all the memes about his, admittedly huge number , misses Darwin Nunez has been our only bright spark this season which tells you something <laugh>
    As for the result it could be anything the way we are both performing .

Bristol Blue likes this.
  4. Bristol Blue

…….the media has been hammering Graham Potter for the poor form but little in the press about Liverpool’s dire form. Let’s face it, we’ve lost the owner and his staff plus Tuchel and many players from last season. I’ve woken up to this and think that Potter and Boehley are actually doing a good job given the circumstances. Chelsea mid table no real surprise, but Liverpool not in the top three?…..that is a surprise.

Diego likes this.
  5. Chelsea Pensioner

Let's hope it doesn't finish up 0-0 or 10-0 to one team. A hard fought 2-2 would be a nice change for fans !! A 1-0 defeat would be tough for the losers.

6. Solid_Air 2

oh i don't know 10-0 result sounds pretty good to me .

7. Chelsea Pensioner

With these teams it could happen !!!!

8. Solid_Air 2

somehow doubt we are going to score 10 but if Nunez suddenly finds his shooting boots who knows

9. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Has he got any ?

<whistle>

10. Solid_Air 2

no but his grandad had some and when he finds them we will be laughing

Diego likes this.

11. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

<laugh>

Solid_Air 2 likes this.
  12. Solid_Air 2

thought you would get that being an old git like me

Seriously on Nunez i'm fine with him as he pretty much our sole goal threat atm and his willingness to keep running behind defences worries them .

Diego likes this.
  13. Chelsea Pensioner

If he happens to find a second pair, Chelsea will pay 20mill for them and give them an 8 year Contract.

Diego and Solid_Air 2 like this.
  14. Solid_Air 2

Think you will find the price starts at £70m but you may be able to talk us down to £61.5m
    .:emoticon-0164-cash::emoticon-0164-cash::emoticon-0164-cash::emoticon-0164-cash::emoticon-0164-cash::emoticon-0164-cash:

Diego likes this.
  15. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I've seen him play mate and know he can do it, a **** run happens to even the best scorers but usually ends soon enough.

I will still get the most out of it while it lasts though <laugh>

16. Chelsea Pensioner

Absolutely **** game with everything you need to know why both teams are mid table, exposed for the world to see. Quite simply, half the players on each team are not good enough or past it, take your pick. Worrying for Chelsea is they are mostly highly paid and just not doing anything. Havertz, Mount, Cucurella are all in dreadful form, Jorginho is like a handbrake, always stops the attack dead and back passes to Silva. Our injured contains Pulisic and Sterling both hopelessly erratic, Koulibaly just too slow for PL. Liverpool are just as poor without their classy injuries, as we are without James and Chillwell.
    The game itself was a shocker of misplaced passes, losing the ball easily, missing the goals by miles, some poor tackles and defending and a complete lack of flair apart from Gallagher and our new boy, and occasionally Ziyech.Salah was always a danger. Hall had a bad game for us , missed tackles lost or gave the ball away, not his usual top game, but he's just18, and that's how he'll learn and improve.
    Anyway, I think if either of us can climb back to 6th or 7th, that will be as good as it gets this season. Serious culling of players, hard work and patience is required from both Clubs.

Solid_Air 2 likes this.
  17. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

It certainly wasn’t a high quality game. Both managers said as much, however, there were some signs of improvement our end. Potter seems to be getting the team to gel a bit despite the fact our first team is out injured.
    I’d be interested to see how the team would perform without Jorginho but something tells me he’s a calming presence for the rest of the team.
    Better days are coming for sure we just have to sit tight and trust the process for now.
    The good news is we have a couple of future superstars in Hall and Gallagher. Just wish we hadn’t sold Gilmour. He’s be getting a run for sure now.

Chelsea Pensioner likes this.
  18. Chelsea Pensioner

At least there was some determination in the team. We have Levi Colwill in the wings as well. Looks as if Silva is the calming presence he's in everything, so much so that he gets 20 odd back passes to deal with , which brings our attack to a halt. If we get that midfielder to properly hold the ball and feed the front line ,we will be a different proposition. So you are on the money, sit tight ,trust the process, we are (very ) slowly getting some organisation off the field which will help on the field.

19. Bristol Blue

Mudryk looked amazing when he came on in the second half. A very quick player with dancing feet - he’ll be a real crowd pleaser. A shame he wasn’t in the starting line up - we would probably have won the game. Like you, I’m impressed with Hall and Gallagher and the midfielder we bought from Aston Villa - I’ve forgotten his name. :emoticon-0143-smirk

20. Solid_Air 2

Chuckedupmessy