1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread EFL 2nd Round Chairboys v Robbins 24th Aug 22

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Aug 24, 2022.

1. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

The Chairboys take on the Robbins at Adams Park looking for a place in the 3rd round of the EFL Cup its been 16 months since we last played the Robbins when we won 2-1 at AP in the Championship with goals from Uche and Bayo's Championship goal the Robbins are unbeaten in their last 4 games after starting the season with 2 defeats.
    Gaz is likely to make changes for this game with some of the players who have returned from injury getting a start.
    I won't be at AP for this one but I will be listening on Wanderers TV hoping we will be in the 3rd round draw<cheers>

The third-round draw for the Carabao Cup will take place at 11.15am on Thursday in Beijing - meaning a 04.15 BST start for fans in the UK. The English Football League have come in for criticism after announcing an unusual draw time for the third round of the EFL Cup.

2. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Hi guys

There’s a match day thread on our board too. here’s my post lifted from there: https://www.not606.com/threads/wycombe-wanderers-v-bristol-city.402127/

My son went to Uni in Wycombe so I’ve spent some time there. He played Rugby for Wycombe RFC during his time there and went to one of the football club’s games when they played the Gas as a Wycombe fan!!
    Akinfenwa - (spelling) - does he still play for them? The strongest man in football!!!

I predict 2-0 to City

Guywanderer and Ron like this.
  3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

upload_2022-8-24_20-4-58.png .

Well that is interesting. Concentrating on the League?

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hi. Bayo has retired from football, following his appearance for us in the Play-off final v Sunderland

Difficult to predict the score as I suspect, like us, you will be experimenting

bcfcredandwhite likes this.
  5. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

6. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

Looking like we have lost 1-3 but a good run out for the youngsters and the returning crocks