1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Drogba rumours resurface.

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Enricky., Oct 28, 2012.

1. Enricky.

Enricky. Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

From today's Sunday Mirror:

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers will make an extraordinary SOS call to Didier Drogba in a bid to sign the former Chelsea striker on a short-term deal, writes The People.

Drogba, 34, could be available to join a club in Europe as soon as the Chinese season ends next week. His club Shanghai Shenhua are believed to be willing to rip up his contract, making Drogba a free agent and releasing him for a move back to the Premier League, on the understanding that he is welcome back in China for their new season.

If all goes well Drogba also has an option to sign a longer-term agreement at Anfield.

Click here to read more stories from The People

Rodgers knows Drogba from his time as a Chelsea coach and is desperate for strikers, with Luis Suarez his only fit senior frontman.

Liverpool are also confident of signing unsettled Newcastle striker Demba Ba in January – but Drogba could be arriving even sooner.

Drogba’s family still live in Surrey, while there is financial uncertainty at Shenhua which means he is by no means certain to play for them again when the Chinese season starts again next March.

The player wants to maintain match sharpness ahead of representing Ivory Coast at the African Nations Cup in South Africa in January and February.

An initial two-month deal could be struck to take him to Liverpool until the New Year.

Drogba quit Chelsea in May after scoring the winning penalty in the Champions League Final shoot-out.

His £250,000-a-week deal for the second half of the current Chinese season, has also been agreed for next year’s campaign – but a break clause was inserted in that agreement.

Liverpool owner John W Henry claimed the club were not interested in expensive short-term options after the conclusion of a disastrous summer window, which saw Andy Carroll go out on loan.

But Rodgers will explain to him that Drogba would be an outstanding option for the next two months, with Fabio Borini out until the New Year with a broken foot.

---------------------------
    With drogba and Suarez in the team we would never get a decision.!!

2. ITS_NOT_JUST_A_GAME

ITS_NOT_JUST_A_GAME Active Member

You might not get another decision but you would have a great synchronized diving team.
    Can just picture it now, Suarez gets the touch and Drogba does the roll.

3. Flappy Flanagan (JK)

Flappy Flanagan (JK) Well-Known Member

I'd take this. Drogba is a great of world football.

4. Paulie Gualtieri

Paulie Gualtieri Active Member

No no no ... He's 34 ffs. If we are after oldies lets get Anelka, oh and Beckham for his freekicks. Henry for his vavavoom and get rid of the youngsters.

Give yesil or Morgan a chance ... Sterling,wisdom and suso took theirs why not Samid or Adam ?

5. Flappy Flanagan (JK)

Flappy Flanagan (JK) Well-Known Member

This would only be a short term solution until we are able to sign a loan option.

I think you over reacted there.

6. He's 34 and would expect £150k+ per week at least. No!

7. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

Memories of a Goldfish: expected I suppose with IQ's this low.

8. CCC

CCC Poet Laureate

TBH, extortionate wages aside, he'd definitely get us goals. So, providing he's not after a king's ransom, I'd leap at the chance to grab him on loan. Same goes for a lot of other older, established strikers.

I recently saw us linked with Thomas Muller. That'd be brilliant as he's a cracking young striker. We could do with some German mentality in the side, too. We've missed that since the Didi-man left. Besides, we need more than one striker coming in and, good though he is, I see Ba inevitably getting injured if he signs for us! <doh> Minimum of three coming in, I'd say. If one gets injured we've then still got options.

9. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Ha. Drogba on loan? How desperate you lot are. The most has been club there's ever been. Still at least you've got history.

10. Sir_Red

Sir_Red Well-Known Member

And yet he'd still be more prolific than Mr. 50 Million

11. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

Seriously, did you write that or your mommy? Because I think your mommy needs a slap either way.

12. saintKlopp

Go on, you love us really...

13. CCC

CCC Poet Laureate

'Desperate'? 'Has been's? History jibe? Wow! Change the record, mate. Try and post something at least interesting, witty or constructive (if you can!). You're not doing your club any favours, you know.

14. Blueman

My mommy as you put it died years ago. Moron.

15. Blueman

Me reminding you how s**t you are these days will have no bearing on my club. As for the history jibe, I'm sorry if your offended. I thought you liked your history.

16. The artist JerryChristmas

The artist JerryChristmas "Massive old member"

Of boredom or shame?

17. Blueman

Only a tiny bit. <laugh>

18. CCC

CCC Poet Laureate

That still doesn't change his rather valid point. And, FYI dear 'moron', you needn't sign your posts, that's what the sig's at the bottom are for! <ok>

19. Blueman

Neither. She died of an illness.

20. saintKlopp

Much as I'd love us to have someone who finds the net as well as DD, it'd cost me a fortune in counselling to learn to love him.