1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Drinan loan recalled

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by YorkieLancsHampyLondoner, Nov 26, 2018.

1. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

Now let's get Woolfenden and Morris back and we might start to pick up some points.

These loans were the single biggest mistake that PH made.

2. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

I think we all look at these youngsters with blue tinted spectacles.. I have no doubt they have potential, but Morris & Wolfenden won't instantly make an impact this season, same for Nydam.

It's the same when Sears wasn't playing and all of a sudden he was seen as the obvious solution to our striker issue.. an issue he himself has been part of for the past 3 years <doh>

Nuggets likes this.
  3. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Usually I would agree with you but I think Woolfenden is the best prospect we have had at the club since the Burley era. If Town don't **** up his development he could emulate the Butchers and the Beatties one day.

Certainly he's leagues ahead of the likes of Chambers and Nsiala.

4. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

I’d argue Aaron Drinan is not the solution. No goals in 18 National League (Conference) appearances and has struggled to break into the Sutton first team lately. He’ll probably be back with the reserves.

As for the others, I agree Woolfenden looks a good prospect and is worth trying in the first team. I think Ben Morris and Tristan Nydam could also bring something to the team, although I think elements of our fanbase massively exaggerate their ability and potential (more on TWTD than here).

5. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

I think it’s putting too much on our youngsters to expect them to dig us out of our current position.

6. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

There are plenty of kids that age playing international football. Some of them need more time, others are ready. If you're good enough you're old enough.

7. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

Never seen the kid play, but couldn't score in the conference so don't expect him to get too many opportunities in the first team...but then again, Marriott was hardly pulling up trees for Woking

Westlake33 and fieldmarshall like this.
  8. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Just reading that Ashley Cole has been released. We should get that deal done!

9. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

I think it’s a complete waste of time to drop down to that level, especially for a forward. The players around you and quality of service you’re getting is so much worse than our reserve side.

10. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Does that apply to Prem players dropping down to the Championship too?

11. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Nope. I would say there is an enormous leap in quality of playing staff and style and coaching between each of the divisions and also the matchday experience / atmosphere. By the time a player has dropped all the way down to tier 5 he would be better off in the reserves instead.

I think a centre back is going to learn more at that level than an attacking player because his job is more about practicing the same positioning and drills. A forward’s job depends much more on his teammates and I think they would develop better in our reserves than a scrappy Conference level match. It would help our reserve players even more to get competitive experience if we were Cat One.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  12. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Drinian won’t do anything here I doubt - not good enough.

Morris was v decent when came on v Blackburn, but hasn’t exactly pulled up trees at Forest Green.

Wolf however I must say I have a good feeling about.

13. Mike_Holmes1990

Mike_Holmes1990 Well-Known Member

Forgot he had gone on loan, doubt he's come back to challenge the first team.

Morris and woolfenden I was disappointed went out. I never saw them play but results with them in the squad certainly felt more positive. Folami I'd hope gets some opportunities. Although Jack seems to be our lead youngster. I'll add Dozzell into this conversation so I can say we're discussing half our outfield players being youth products. They may not be the answer but they could point the way to a more sustainable recruitment policy.