1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Rumours thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Bozz, Jun 17, 2011.

1. wishiwasinliverpool

wishiwasinliverpool Well-Known Member

Strong rumours - and that's all they are - that because Low will leave the German coach job after the Euros that Klopp will be offered the job. Maybe, but that doesn't mean he will take it.

It's a natural step up, though, and I for one wouldn't blame him if he accepted it

2. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

Nah.

Can't see it.

Not for a while at least

3. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Agree with that, except the buying new players bit. FSG have apparently said not having CL next season will not affect transfer policy. That is utter dogshit unless it logically leads to one thing - they have no intention buying anyone at all, whatever the circumstances.

And they won't be short of money if some reports are to believed: they're in the final stages of selling a 10% stake in FSG for £500m. How much of that will go on the Red Sox, and how much on Liverpool, do you think? This despite that the value of LFC has increased 600% in the 10 years they have had it, according to Forbes. So they're basically using that profit to subsidise their primary concern.

But it's okay, they're not Hicks and Gillette.

4. moreinjuredthanowen

none of it mate.

FSG is a parent company and as such doesn't transfer down funds. it goes stright in the shareholders pockets.

None of it will go to red sox either imo.

Lets be fair to them they've never dipped in to fund red sox either, their have made money off us and will continue to do so. They have put in peopel at LFC level ot maximise commercial revenue and let us on with that and we have retruned money as well as the TV money going up and up.

we, as in LFC as an company are "on our own". FSG if they for example float us on a stock market again take in cash for one purpose only, for the shareholders.

The difference between this model and the Glazier model for example is we pay back loans but we do now have a consistent hand in the pocket taking value out.

Could lfc do better? absolutely. if you cut out FSG on the commercial side who are exploiting global exposure for their own interests than that LFC brand has more room to exploit. we will? no chance.

So all in all, sure they have cash.

Will they give it to us? no IMO.

Will they take our cash? no IMO.

5. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I don't see Klopp being good with international football, he needs time with his squad to implement his ways

6. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

All irrelevant to what I posted

7. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I imagine Klopp would like the job at some point. I don't see him being a good fit though, he needs time with the players to implement his ways.

8. Sucky

On camera today totally ruling it out.

close thread

9. moreinjuredthanowen

i dunno mate, if he could get players enthused i could see him having a great tournament but I would agree, in qualifiers i wouldn't see it as working.

10. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

I think he's someone who enjoys the day to day management

11. Sucky

Even after saying that, the media will give him the job until someone else actually takes it such is the way it goes.

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  12. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

isn’t that the same for all managers? Apart from maybe people like alladyce who once he’s implemented his ways turns team ****

13. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

To a degree, yes. But there is a reason he likes to keep players out thre first team whilst that settle. He likes players to play in a set way, they need to work as a team for the tactics to work.

14. saintKlopp

Not this subject, but as a demonstration of how clueless most sports journos are, I read this earlier:
    I suppose the guy hasn't noticed that there aren't any fans.

Sucky likes this.
  15. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Again, that’s how 90% of managers work

16. moreinjuredthanowen

They are all different in terms of emphasis. But they all have a system and what they want to see yes.

Klopp wants to see a certain style based on winning the ball. I don't think he much cares if you don't keep it too long frankly. Yes he emphasises resting o nthe ball but you can't do that while it being pinged 40 yards over the top of a line.

Guardiola has a different style of possession and has a different set up in early press then retreat. they will keep it and pass it all day but can be overwhelemed as they have no desire to ping on too much. I think v utd sterling and jesus could have ran behind utds high line but never thought to. Yet guardiola did target us like this once or twice.

Klopp's style imo requires all 11 to hunt in packs and compress space so getting 11 players from different clubs to do that would not be easy. It would be devastating with fit strong german players if he had time to implement prior to a tournament. I cant see him going and doing it with 3 days prep time for germany in qualifiers.

We have to rememebr the german squad has snae, gnabry and werner so they might suit klopp down to the ground in knocking it far and fast.

Jimmy Squarefoot and Zanjinho like this.
  17. moreinjuredthanowen

It was a poor way of making the point, i suppose he meant we are invincible with fans at anfield and now we couldn't buy a win. Pity we've had plenty of games with out fans for 10 months? before losing.

18. wishiwasinliverpool

Why?

Sucky likes this.
  19. Sucky

What we got to talk about?

Hes said he's not available for the job.

Case closed.

For now :bandit:

20. wishiwasinliverpool

Never mind what he said