1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Rumours thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Bozz, Jun 17, 2011.

1. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING Well-Known Member

I’ve never thought that Origi was good enough and still don’t. But that’s just my opinion and doesn’t mean that I don’t appreciate his special goals as much as the next person.....

I hope I’m wrong.

2. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

He is completely average, but he does continue to score important goals and is seemingly happy to be a bench player. If we had more quality I would like to see us rotate the front three like we do in centre midfield, maybe Minamino will be just that

3. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

Origi hardly plays and seems content to be used as back up to the usual 3.

He pretty much always comes good when we've needed him to.

I think he gets stick because hes very different and not as explosve perhaps as the others but thats why hes important for me, that he does offer something diffrent is his strength in this squad, and he is a fantastic squad member for me.

Big fan

4. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

I don't know whether he's always done it or whether I've only just noticed but he's absolutely brilliant at taking down a really high crossed ball. Generally speaking, the ball loves him.

Zanjinho, organic red and Sucky like this.
  5. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

I don't think we could do much better considering the role he is often expected to play. He seems happy at the club and offers opponents a different
    set of problems. He holds the ball well, big and physical but no slouch over the turf. You really don't want Origi running at you in the last 20 mins.
    And a reliable scorer of goals....... big goals. From sparking the Dortmund game into life, to Barca and Madrid..........and Everton :emoticon-0105-wink:
    A threat in the air too, the mans a cult hero :emoticon-0165-muscl

Listen to the Kop.....................DIVOCK ORIGI......DIVOCK ORIGI........<applause> <applause>

6. johnsonsbaby

Didn't he have a couple of offers last season (or was it the one before) but said he wanted to stay and fight for a/his place. He fits the Klopp profile and plays with a smile on his face and he's certainly put lots of smiles on all our faces.

organic red likes this.
  7. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

8. THE FOOL

THE FOOL Well-Known Member

I can't believe we would even think about getting rid of divock, the lad has improved massively in the last 12 months.

He used to have the touch of a rapist, just a big lad who was reasonable quick with it.

His overall awareness, workrate and control of the ball have come on leaps and bounds, I doubt we could attract a better striker who would be happy to sit on the bench for 3/4 of the season yet come in and give his all when asked.

I ****ing love divock

9. Klopp's Mannschaft

Klopp's Mannschaft Well-Known Member

There's probably 50 strikers better than him, but they'd be highly unlikely to accept being 4th choice most of the season. As average as he is, he does have a knack for grabbing an important goal out of nowhere - completely to everyone's surprise - so he's proven his 'super sub' status.

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  10. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

Kids a beast on fifa.<whistle>

11. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Agreed. I stood up for him prior to him becoming a cult hero too

Sucky likes this.
  12. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

i have always said that Origi has all the natural attributes to be perfect cover for the front 3 the only query was could he deliver often enough & he has .

Zanjinho and LuisDiazgamechanger like this.
  13. LuisDiazgamechanger

There are rooms for improvement for and he is a big game player, against Barcelona he was incredible, Manchester city, Arsenal, Chelsea and other premiership clubs are going to have him in their team as either squad or first team player.

14. LuisDiazgamechanger

Phil Babb believes that Liverpool FC should be targeting a deal to sign Kalidou Koulibaly from Napoli.
    The Reds have made an incredible start to the new Premier League season, with the Merseyside outfit currently leading the way at the top of the table.

Liverpool FC are 14 points clear of Manchester City with a game in hand and they are yet to lose a game in the top flight this term.

Much of Liverpool FC’s improvement over the last couple of seasons has been credited with the arrival of Virgil van Dijk from Southampton in the January 2018 transfer window.

Now, former Liverpool FC star Babb feels that the Reds should be looking to partner Van Dijk with Senegal international Koulibaly to create a truly formidable partnership at the back.

Speaking in an interview with Gambling.com, Babb said: “As a fan and a broadcaster I wonder where [Jurgen] Klopp can improve the squad and I’d probably say they might want to look at bringing in another top, top centre-half.

“That’s only because of the injury records of Gomez, Matip and Dejan Lovren. Virgil van Dijk is like a thoroughbred horse, very rarely gets injured, and if he could have another world class centre-half constantly alongside side him that would bolster Liverpool.

“Can you imagine Virgil van Dijk and Kalidou Koulibaly together? That would be some centre-half partnership.”

Koulibaly has made 14 Serie A appearances for Napoli so far this season, and has also featured six times in the Champions League.

Liverpool FC are currently preparing for their crunch home clash against Manchester United at Anfield on Sunday afternoon.

The Reds were held to a 1-1 draw by Manchester United when the teams last met in October at Old Trafford.

15. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

He's a quality player but we don't need him

Sucky likes this.
  16. saintKlopp

I was very impressed by Koulibaly and think it would be a great partnership - but yes, I agree that we don't need him at the price we would have to pay. It's not as though what we have at the moment is letting us down in a big way, so the overall improvement to the team would be marginal.
    There are a few other teams in the Prem who could do with him though.

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  17. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING Well-Known Member

don’t they both favour the same side?

18. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Koulibaly and VVD together would be unstoppable!

Bumps likes this.
  19. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

No idea

20. johnsonsbaby

Until he goes off to AFCON