1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Rumours thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Bozz, Jun 17, 2011.

1. LuisDiazgamechanger

We don't need to buy in January then:bandit:.

2. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING Well-Known Member

I’m surprised he can play so well in his cape!

Solid_Air 2 and Zanjinho like this.
  3. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

Clearly not <yikes>

Zanjinho and LuisDiazgamechanger like this.
  4. LuisDiazgamechanger

5. LuisDiazgamechanger

Benfica defender Andre Almeida has claimed that he would like to sign for Liverpool or Manchester United as he dreams of a move to the Premier League.

The right-back claims that he likes Real Madrid and Barcelona, but would prefer a transfer to Liverpool over joining either of the Spanish giants.
    I really like Liverpool and Manchester United for their history.

I also like Real Madrid and Barcelona , but I prefer the Premier League

6. LuisDiazgamechanger

7. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

Initial discussions about an extension for Joel Matip have taken place, according to @JamesPearceLFC

LuisDiazgamechanger likes this.
  8. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I think he's tall enough already :bandit:

Sucky, luvgonzo and saintKlopp like this.
  9. LuisDiazgamechanger

10. LuisDiazgamechanger

11. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

12. LuisDiazgamechanger

Paul Glatzel signs new long-term LFC contract

Paul Glatzel has today signed a new long-term contract with Liverpool Football Club.

The 18-year-old striker put pen to paper on the deal at Melwood on Wednesday as he continues his rehabilitation from a long-term knee issue sustained during the Reds’ pre-season friendly at Tranmere Rovers on July 11.

Upon penning the new terms, the forward told Liverpoolfc.com: “It's a great feeling obviously.

"I was disappointed to get my injury at the start of the season, but it's a great feeling and it shows that the club has got faith in me. Now I can just focus on my rehab and get back on the pitch.

"I've been at the club for so long and I just want to keep going and see where it takes me. Hopefully I can crack on now and keep going. The contract makes it easier.

"Mentally, it's good to be able to focus on the rehab and know that there's people that have faith in me and they know I'll come back from my injury stronger and I'll be ready when I'm back on the pitch."

After firing 28 goals for the club’s U18s during 2018-19, Glatzel was involved with Jürgen Klopp’s first-team squad at Melwood this summer prior to the injury.

His form last season helped Liverpool clinch the FA Youth Cup, with the striker claiming the title of the tournament’s top scorer with eight goals.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/academy/364096-paul-glatzel-new-liverpool-contract

13. LuisDiazgamechanger

Liverpool have decided to withdraw Rhian Brewster from the U23’s squad to join the senior squad, after Divock Origi’s picked up an injury in Liverpool’s 3-1 home win against Newcastle.

14. LuisDiazgamechanger

LIVERPOOL ECHO
    • Former Liverpool goalkeeper Simon Mignolet has revealed his new team Club Brugge wanted him back in January but the Reds refused to let him go.

15. LuisDiazgamechanger

'New contract is a dream come true - now I have to kick on'

Signing a first professional contract with Liverpool FC marked the completion of a long-held aspiration for midfielder Jake Cain.

The Academy midfielder, an FA Youth Cup winner with the Reds last season, put pen to paper earlier this week to prolong his spell with the club.

The 18-year-old relished the milestone moment in his fledgling career – not least because it was one he was hoping for ever since joining at the age of nine.

“It’s a dream come true really,” Cain told Liverpoolfc.com.

“It has been one of my aspirations all my life and it has finally happened. I’m buzzing with that and all my family are made up as well.

“I was at the Academy and Alex [Inglethorpe] called me into his room and offered it to me. I was over the moon to get it signed.”

Cain was part of the Liverpool U19s side that kicked off their UEFA Youth League campaign with a 1-1 draw in Naples on Tuesday afternoon.

The creative central player has also performed impressively during an encouraging start to the season for Barry Lewtas’ U18s group.

But he knows resting on laurels is not an option.

“You’ve got to keep your head down and keep working – and prove what else you can do,” added Cain. “It’s not like you can [ease] off and relax, you’ve got to kick on and keep pushing.”

16. Lucas Talking

Lucas Talking Well-Known Member

If you say Jake Cain with a Scottish accent I would think you were being humorous.

P.s. this forum is dead at the mo

17. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

Only 70 days until the transfer window opens :1980_boogie_down:

18. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

i wouldn't be at all surprised if we try to bring in at least 1 player in Jan .

19. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

Think we’d only do this if we have key injuries. Am guessing we’ll be after a couple of freebies next year.....can’t see us spending big in the next couple of windows if not necessary.

20. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

Depends if we win something. Fail to win the league and you question if this squad can match Citeh, in which case we would have to make changes to get above them.
    Plus you're looking at players being moved on for various reasons, age, lack of quality, wanting more game time etc. Milner will be 34 and is on a rolling contract, if Leeds were to be promoted would he leave. Lallana will be 32 next summer. Lovren wanting out?

Personally the rumour I like is Maddison from Leicester and that they would demand £80ish million for him, which I'd happily pay as he would add that something we're missing, a Mid that scores goals.