1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Don't feel depressed about being dumped out of the Europa...

Discussion in 'West Ham' started by Hoddle is a god, Aug 7, 2015.

1. It's for the best, lads. If you couldn't beat the European equivalent of Brentford, just imagine the embarrassment you would have suffered against Europe's equivalent of Millwall or Charlton!

Nah, it was definitely for the best, boys. Trust me on this. Spurs have been at this European lark for a long time, now, and we know the score, see. You need quality and depth to your squad, two things that you Spanners are still working on. You'll get there, provided you can avoid relegation, this season. That, in itself, is going to be a big ask, and I've already clocked that a number of pundits have marked you down for the drop. Personally, I think you can survive, and that's another reason you shouldn't feel too bad about being dumped out of Europe. You'll be able to put all your energies into clinging on, desperately, for survival, see.

The next big hurdle for your new (and inexperienced-in-the-Prem) manager, now, of course, is to lift the players for the match against Arsenal. That's not going to be easy, and I've clocked that Lawro has chalked your lot down for a right old kicking. He's a cheeky bastard, that Lawro, but you've got to admit that he's probably got this one right. If I was Bilic, I'd be treating every match as a 6-pointer (against relegation), merely to remind the players of the grim reality of the mammouth task they face.

Anyway, chin up, boys! I'm looking forward to when we play yous, at your gaff, later in the season.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2015
  2. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

They only post when their winning, so I expect you'll be waiting quite some time for a hammers response. Maybe when BFSam is back. <laugh>

3. I hope they don't think I'm only here on the wum.

I popped by to give some real words of solace and encouragement. I'd like to think these Spanner boys would have done the same for us Yids, had Spurs done something as embarrassing as what just happened to West Ham.

4. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

Not bothered at all, neither were the club considering the players chosen to play, it made me laugh when one of the papers called Maiga and Zarate first team regulars.

5. Lee263

Lee263 Well-Known Member

Young Boys.

That is all.

6. Lee263

Lee263 Well-Known Member

Oh, st Totteringham's day already.

7. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We knocked Young Boys out of the Champions League play-off 6-3. Strange one to bring up.

8. Ah, it's good that the West Ham lads are feeling brave enough to pop their heads back out into the daylight to start giving it large, again. For a minute, there, I thought they might have learned their lesson, so it's good to see that some are as dense as ever. It augers well for a comedy-gold season.

9. Lee263

Lee263 Well-Known Member

The only comedy on this site is watching Piskie ripping you a new one, over and over :)

Good luck on your season, i'll give you 8h at best this season.

One season wonder Kane won't save you again ;)

10. Lee263

Lee263 Well-Known Member

Oh well, at least one of the London clubs showed premier league pedigree on the opening weekend.

11. Big Ern

Arsenal beaten with an ease Trotterham can only dream of.

12. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Didnt know where to put this but just wanted to applaud West Ham performance today <applause>

Oxford fantastic. Thought Noble and Sakho were excellent also. If Payet had played a couple of better passes you could have won by 3 or 4 imo.

13. Lee263

Lee263 Well-Known Member

Just wish our next game was the scum at home, we would shred them apart after being buoyed by today's fantastic win.

14. Big Ern

I'd rather United at OT, I think they're well for the taking, especially for a team with our pace up front, I think Bilic will go for it too.

Looking forward to next week, who would've thought West Ham Leicester would be top of the table clash

15. Lee263

Lee263 Well-Known Member

I haven't seen anything worthwhile from the so called "big teams" so far this weekend, that merits them as title contenders.

16. Big Ern

no, me neither, but I expect Chelsea to improve simply because of Mourinho, whereas I don't rate Van Gaal as anything other than being a lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time, I think the competition in the EPL is too strong for him, I don't rate Pellegrini either, but at least he does have a balanced squad with defenders and strikers.

17. Credit to the Spanners!

To be fair, I did state, on a thread on the Prem board, that I would rather you win than Arsenal.

You rode your luck in the first half, and then punished Arsenal for being unable to finish. You can't knock that.

18. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

19. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Oops missed the quote about it being a top of the table clash. A couple of good opening day results make this an exciting looking game. Not a ground where we normally get much but confident this time.

20. Trick_WHUFC

Trick_WHUFC Active Member

Being in Europe is a pain. Distracts from the league and stretches the squad too far (we'd already lost Valencia to a long term injury he picked up a few games in).

It's for the rich clubs with massive squads. Not smaller clubs like us, southampton and the spuds.

Maybe we can have another go in a few years.