1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Dons holding out for money on kedwell..

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by Harrygillz, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Harrygillz

Harrygillz Member

http://www.gillsconnect.com/s/Gills...HIEF_INSISTING_ON_FULL_PRICE_FOR_KEDWELL.html

The dons seem to be unhappy with what scally must be offering them, probably 10k knowing him. The article says that "Wimbledon would be looking for a hefty increase in the £60,000 Crawley bid for him last year." I don't know exactly what state our finances are in but if the rumored reports of a 15k offer for lee and whelpdale are true then i can't see us being able to put a hefty increase on 60k for this guy let alone the 60k on its own! What are your views? Do you think we'll get him? Because i'm not so sure now..

2. Jake Logan

Jake Logan Member

Where did the money from jacksons selling go other than scally's back pocket?

3. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

Keeping the ship afloat.;)

4. WINDYROG

WINDYROG Well-Known Member

We will be starting the season with the players that we have got.......<wah>

5. Harrygillz

Harrygillz Member

And if stefan payne gets injured our goals will be down to dennis oli.. :emoticon-0108-speec

6. vinney

vinney Well-Known Member

Well,if we don't get some decent players in,I for one won't be going to many away games to see us get tonked. I'll have to continue to go to home games because I've got my season ticket,and last year I went to a lot of away games because I thought we had a fairly decent team,and they deserved support. but if Scally is not going to provide funds for
    Hess to improve the squad,then I'm afraid it's downhill from now on, and support and finance will dwindle away.

7. thegillsfan

thegillsfan Member

The Gills will be fine, we'll all see soon enough...
    UTG!!

8. baldeagle

baldeagle Member

I do admire your confidence. Do you know something that we don't?

9. Harrygillz

Harrygillz Member

I for one am not a believer that we'll get relegated like i've seen so many people post but i'm not convinced by promotion at the moment, i think we'll see a few signings by friday and then have a look at the squad.

10. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Theres no way Gills will offer 100 000 but if we make sensable offer of around 50 000 plus bonus if we go up we could get him. We had similar thing with Benson who wanted to come but we offered peanuts, when if we made a sensible offer could have got him before he went to Charlton. Should we also try to get Brandy as when he was at the club he looked better than Jackson and would do well with Kedwell. Iwould expect 30 + goals between them.

11. baldeagle

baldeagle Member

Hessy is back today from his holidays, so we shall see this week how serious Gillingham are with their "eye brow raising " signings.