1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Doncaster Rovers V Preston North End

Discussion in 'Doncaster' started by theflyingplumber, Apr 11, 2011.

1. theflyingplumber

A Northender's thoughts on tomorrow's game. What are your thought's Donney fans.

Games are coming thick and fast now as we approach the end of a season that for Northend fans has been nothing short of a disaster. Things have been on the up since Phil Brown and Horton took over, although it has taken them time to try and sort out the mess they inherited. Slowly but surely the team have been improving and PNE are now a more difficult team to beat, with the team showing far more tactically awareness and putting in the effort PNE fans rightly expect. PNE have played all the top teams of late and have done very well but have not quite been able to grab the wins they desperately need.

Tomorrow night PNE travel to Doncaster to face the Rovers in what is another 6 pointer game, with Donney lying one place above the relegation spots. Obviously it is an important game for both clubs, and maybe in PNE's case a vital one that they must win.
    PNE are well capable of achieving the win they desperately need, but Donney will be a hard nut to crack. PNE have been stuck in the bottom three for quite some time now whereas Donney after seeming to be relatively safe have suddenly dropped their guard and now find themselves as part of the race to escape relegation. To me Donney are one of those teams that can give you nightmares when trying to predict a result, you never know which team will turn up as on their day they can and do bring off some stunning results. They are however struggling now so this might be the right time for PNE to play them.

I feel that PNE can and will win this one and take all three points, but once again it is going to be a very difficult game.

What are your thoughts and predictions on this relegation battle between the two teams Donney fans.

2. Dave Sargeant

Dave Sargeant Member

Just joined site so this is my first post.Up to a point I agree with you a Rovers win and you are in deep trouble. If you win we are. For the first time in years I have resorted to looking at the fixtures of the bottom six and trying to predict points. This is not an exact science but I have us with 53, Derby 52, Palace 48. United 46, Scunny 42 and Preston with 40. The bookies would have a field day if I was a betting man. I got six right and three wrong on the weekend results. Reading, Portsmouth I got right for you and Cardiff for us. Tonight I have us taking all three points and later three against palace. Our other games are Hull, Barnsley, Leicester, Boro I have us with three points from these four games though I think we could get five. Dave.

3. theflyingplumber

Welcome Dave :emoticon-0150-hands and a sensible first post you have made..:emoticon-0100-smile

Not many Donny fans around are there ??? maybe you could spread the word about not606.

Hope that you wont be disappointed when I re affirm my belief that Northend will take all three points tonight..:emoticon-0116-evilg

PNE are now a better team than their league position would suggest, and have improved considerably since Brown's appointment as PNE manager. I would be disappointed and surprised if Donny grabbed a win tonight, but football is a funny old game and anything can happen. It will be Northend's hope and intention to win and thus draw Donny into the relegation battle which would suit Northend but obviously not Donny. We will see.

:emoticon-0100-smile

4. Dave Sargeant

Dave Sargeant Member

Thank you Flyingplumber, don't know how I can now inform our fans as 606 chat is not available now, at least not for me. Will be watching text though. Your form does worry me a bit ( lot if the truth be told ). A win for Northend would be a real problem for us though you need two or three while one victory for us would probably see us safe. Going on the past forty matches I would fancy our chances more than the bottom three teams.

Saw Tom score at Donny in the 50s I think (not Tom, the year, though he must have been knocking on).

5. theflyingplumber

I thought that 606 was going at the season end, still alive on most if not all boards, anyway this site seems ok up to now but could urgently do with some moderation in place.

"Going on the past forty matches I would fancy our chances more than the bottom three teams."

Have to admit if I was doing the same I would fancy your chances as well. But in fairness I am only going off the games since Browns arrival.

Glad you was able to see theflyingplumber at Donny, many current PNE fans never enjoyed that satisfaction.
    Incidentally you and I share something in common looking at the info on the left of your posts...:emoticon-0100-smile

Hope it's a good game for all concerned and it's not the Ref who decides the outcome.

:emoticon-0100-smile

6. Dave Sargeant

Dave Sargeant Member

Must be our age that we share. You seem to have seen Tom. Just thought we may share the points tonight.

7. theflyingplumber

Bang on Dave. :emoticon-0100-smile

Yes I followed Sir Tom's career from 46 until his retirement, and I consider myself to be so fortunate in having had that opportunity.

Well we did share the points in what was by all accounts an open and end to end game, that provided all the fans with plenty to enjoy and talk about.
    A point is a very good result for the Rovers in the situation they are in, although I expect the Rovers fans would have wanted all three.
    For Preston the result is not what they were hoping for or needed, one point is not enough and I now fear the worst as games are slipping away and we do not have enough points on the board. I feel sure Rovers will survive and if you do, all the best for next season.
    :emoticon-0150-hands

8. Dave Sargeant

Dave Sargeant Member

Flyingplumber. You are right a point will be more use to us than to you esp as United and Scunny lost and Palace drew. Thanks for your good wishes for us, as for the teams going down I think division one will be a hard one to get out of next season.

All three of you need three wins out of five matches to top Rovers. One win or three draws will be enough for us I think.

Off the top of my head I think we have taken four points from yourselves, four from United and six from Scunny almost a third of our total. We have yet to play Palace at our place. Palace won against us just before Christmas.

Crucial games are Rovers Palace, You and United, , Palace Scunny. Derby are ok now I believe after their stunning victory against Leeds.

All the best though for the rest of the season. Dave.

9. theflyingplumber

Thank's Dave...<ok>