1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Donacien back at Accrington

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by YorkieLancsHampyLondoner, Jan 18, 2019.

1. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

Stupid from Lambert.

A much better option than Spence but obviously has beef with the guy from his time at Villa.

The farce continues.

Bigalreigned likes this.
  2. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Hopefully this is an indication that we have a right back lined up it's arguably the final key position where we need new blood. I'm not the biggest fan of Donacien, but I think he's a better option at right back than Spence. It's also worth noting that he has not had many opportunities, if any, under Lambert. But again, we don't see Donaicen's training levels, so he's clearly doing something wrong.

If Lambert doesn't rate him, then there is no point in Donacien hanging around. Get out and play first team football. I just hope we aren't relying on Spence and a converted Pennington for that problem area for the rest of the season. I think it's pretty clear we need someone better there.

itfcptc likes this.
  3. Roystonblue

Roystonblue Well-Known Member

Emmanuel is back from Shrewsbury so is a straight replacement- still think we might sign another rb

4. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

Emmanuels back and Donaciens gone out on loan, maybe Lambert isn't so stupid after all ? I'm really appreciating seeing PL trying to put right the damage done in the Summer, " farce " ? That's what it was before Lambert got here.

Alhare and Westlake33 like this.
  5. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

I’m really not seeing anything different so far. Apart from a lot of spin that players, fans and Evans alike are buying into.

The thing that matters is the 90 minutes on the pitch. We will have more idea where we are after tomorrow’s match against a decent Blackburn side.

6. fieldmarshall

You said it was stupid for PL send Donacien out on loan in fact it was a farce you said, my reply was nothing to do with tomorrows match, if you are not enthused in any way with regards to the player movements that's fine but to call PL stupid when he clearly had it covered is idiotic.

Westlake33 likes this.
  7. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

I think it's fair to judge PL from now on in.He's now had one transfer window and the advantage over PH of seeing what was required from the games he's been in charge of so far instead of a pre-season.Time will tell.

8. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

It is stupid to have been playing Spence without giving Donacien a go in the team.

9. fieldmarshall

If he's never played how do you know it's stupid ? PL watches training and practice matches so I think he probably knows.

Westlake33 likes this.
  10. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Because I’ve seen Spence play. I’ve seen Donacien play. Not rocket science is it? If Lambert knew everything we wouldn’t be stranded at the bottom would we? Clue: he doesn’t.

11. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Or maybe Lambert just doesn’t rate him and thinks he’s not good enough? If he’s not going to pick him / no buyer come in then this is probably the best option!

12. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

It’s the best option for Donacien but not for the club.

13. Westlake33

Well, if Hurst hadn't spend £750,000 on him in the first place - we didn't spend a great deal more for Garner + Waghorn...................then we wouldn't have this issue in the first place for someone else to attempt to fix.

Lambert's results have been terrible so far, but he's got everything else right - off the pitch / community everything. He's also inherited a bloody shower of a squad that he's doing his best to fix.

Thank heavens Hurst has left.

fieldmarshall likes this.
  14. fieldmarshall

Ok you're right again and I'm wrong again, Lambert is stupid and you know better than he does, Christ it's like talking to a pre pubescent child.

Westlake33 likes this.
  15. Westlake33

It is very much like talking to a petulant child - incredibly wearing.

Basically Field -

You have to LOVE Hurst + Keane.

fieldmarshall likes this.
  16. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

It was a good signing, we would definitely have more points on the board had he been playing regularly. Spence has cost us at least two or three results.

17. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

I have to say that's the one thing I've questioned with Lambert so far around his reluctance to play Donacien over Spence.

But I think it's difficult to judge Lambert on this transfer window. How he's managed to get 6 players in when we are bottom of the league by 10 points I honestly am quite pleasantly surprised by. You can't judge him really until after the summer but whatever happens it's going to be a tough job as our squad is huge but seriously lacking experienced or fit quality (we have quality but they are either injury prone or young or both!!)

18. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Couldn’t agree more. It’s a great shame.

19. Westlake33

£750,000 for a league 2 proven full back? Not for me. He MAY be better than Spence - and will agree people Lambert perhaps could have found out............not a Spence fan but certainly not a Pennington + Chambers CB pairing fan either. Christ alive.

It's a hell of a lot of ££££ given what we've spent the last 7 / 8 years and high risk.

Honestly, if he was that good I'm sure Lambert would have tried him!?

Also - why haven't other clubs bought him off us!?

20. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

There’s definitely an argument there about the risk and the fee but the fee is already spent. You can easily spend a lot of money on a player that doesn’t work out. McCarthy had a scatter gun approach to signings, just by the sheer number of signings he made some of them had to come good.

Lambert said himself that he doesn’t see him as a right back but as a centre back and correctly he is not as good as Nsiala, Pennington, Chambers or Collins at centre back. I can imagine he is training at centre back and he wouldn’t impress too much there. He doesn’t have the stature or the command. But he IS a useful right back, Lambert is wrong about this. He has not given the lad any chance and that is daft.

I’m not sure a player playing no games at the worst club in the Championship would be on anyone’s radar. But at least for the player he can get back on track now.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019