1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Dog attack in Blyth

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by crumble bungle, May 19, 2016.

1. crumble bungle

crumble bungle Well-Known Member

Just been on the news, sketchy reports but apparently few kids were injured by pit bull?
    Why was this type of dog allowed to wander freely without a muzzle?

2. crumble bungle

crumble bungle Well-Known Member

Eleven children injured in Blyth park dog attack
    please log in to view this image
    Image copyright Jeffrey Nesbitt
    Image caption The dog was on the loose in the fenced-off play park
    Eleven children have been injured in a dog attack in a fenced-off play park.
    The Staffordshire bull terrier was restrained by a parent after biting the children in Blyth, Northumberland.
    Three of the children, who all suffered bite wounds as they were trapped in the park, were kept in hospital overnight, after the attack at about 18:30 BST on Wednesday.
    Police later arrested a 37-year-old woman on suspicion of having a dog dangerously out of control.
    Among the injured, a seven-year-old girl was expected to need skin grafts.
    Read updates on this story and more from across the North East
    The father of one of the injured children managed to tie the dog to a fence with a cardigan, before police arrived to transport it to kennels.
    Image copyright John Tuttiett
    Image caption The animal was removed by police
    Adam Mulvey, who lives next to the park, said: "I got a knock on the door from a little girl telling us that there were several children trapped in the park with the dog, and one of them was my little girl.
    "I could see her from the house and everyone else screaming, howling, it was just horrific."
    Mr Mulvey said he ran outside, saw the dog and sat on it, before tying it to the fence.
    "I'm a dog lover and it killed me to sit on it and hold its face to the ground. But it was a powerful dog - not a nice thing to happen," he said.
    "My daughter's seven and she's got to have an operation now. They're looking at the possibility of having to have skin grafts.
    "She's frightened of dogs now for the rest of her life and frightened of parks."

Image caption Nicole Nesbitt (Left) and Stevie-Brooke Maddison were both attacked by the dog
    Stevie Brooke-Maddison was in the park when the dog arrived.
    The 12-year-old said: "At first we were laughing, because it was just jumping up and being silly.
    "And then one minute it just snapped and was being vicious and went for everyone.
    "I climbed up a climbing frame but it like jumped up and latched onto my leg, I was kicking but it wouldn't let go.
    "I was crying and screaming and everything."
    She suffered bite wounds to her leg.
    A spokeswoman for Northumbria Police said officers remained in the area to reassure people.

3. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

In a small enclosed park!???? Unless the children let it out of its yard and let it into the park then I suspect the owner will get more than the usual bollocking!

4. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Owner's fault, probably an abused dog.

I'd put money on the owner being a 6 stone streak of piss with 4 teeth who only got the dog in a desperate attempt to look hard.

Dog should be put down, owner should be taken into the street and shot in the face.

5. Zlash

Zlash Well-Known Member

shocking news. hope all 11 kids are ok. this is why dogs suck and cats rule. never heard about vicious cat attacks anywhere, tho i'm sure they'll happen.

staffies and the likes should require a license. they're too dangerous if not raised and handled properly. this could have been so much worse.

ban all dogs. they stink, they **** anywhere, they're dangerous. they ****ing suck.

boo dogs, boo.

6. QWOP

QWOP Well-Known Member

<laugh> you sound just like my brother. He hates dogs and doesn't see the point in their existence ha

7. Tel (they/them)

Behind every bad dog is a bad owner.

8. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Agreed. Unless it's a rescue dog and the new owner has got himself a ticking bomb just waiting to go off.

9. gelders pie

gelders pie Well-Known Member

If it hasn't already been put down, make the owner actually do it. Then put her down.

10. Tel (they/them)

Still, technically it's had a bad owner behind it at some point.

I doubt any dog is born with a natural instinct to attack.

Nacho likes this.

11. Blunham Mackem

Forum Moderator

I totally agree Tel. We've virtually bred aggression out of dogs over thousands of years but it doesn't take much for a bad owner to bring out the worst of the animal again.

There was a young lad in the pub last week with a staffie. He's had it 13 months and it's still a cowering wreck, terrified of men. It's awful to see a dog acting like that.

Billy Death, Deleted and TEL like this.
  12. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I think on very rare occasions there probably are dogs with some wiring wrong in their brains, just the same as humans, but like people as long as they're brought up well and treated right they won't be a problem.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  13. Tel (they/them)

Funny how it always turns out to be the staffy or the english bullterrier or the pit bull that's 'wired up wrong' though isn't it?

I've said it before, if an aggressive looking dog is off it's leash and walking towards me, I won't take any chances, I'd happily end it's life before finding out the hard way. I put my boot through a Golden Retriever for acting aggressively around my dog, I just won't take any chances. Their owners can moan all they like.

Deleted likes this.
  14. Blunham Mackem

Forum Moderator

One of my ex's friends had a Rottweiler. She'd be like, oh he's a big softie, wouldn't hurt a fly.

She used to take my youngest round there when he was a baby. Used to scare the hell out of me.

All it would take for carnage would be for it to wake up in a bad mood one morning with a raging toothache!

15. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I don't think the dogs you hear about in attacks like these are wired wrong, it's all down to the way they've been treated as you say.

I just remember seeing a documentary which said that in super rare cases it is possible for a dog to be born crazy for want of a better word, could be any breed.

16. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

exactamundo

17. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

Well this one must belong to our neigh-bours up the road...

18. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I was walking my dog on the lead the other day and I walked past a house with a black and white cat on the drive.

My dog lunged at it but not only did it not flinch it immediately followed us hissing and swiping the air. I was trying to strategically push it away with my foot but I couldn't stop it advancing and when it got close enough it attacked, leaving my confused (and bitchslapped) dog with blood all over her face.

It followed me all the way down the street, hissing the whole time. Never seen anything like it, that cat was fearless.

I haven't seen it since, it's probably off conquering Europe or something.

Montysoptician and Billy Death like this.
  19. Smiffy

Smiffy Active Member

Was it this one?

Nacho likes this.
  20. Tel (they/them)

There's a few like that around here, evil bastards. You can't trust em!