1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Disappointment

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Redruth, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Redruth

Redruth Well-Known Member

Just a change from the hysteria about who we could ,should, won,t sign etc.....

I recently watched the film The Wanderers.
    Now when I was about 17 or 18, (29 years ago) I seem to remember that we used to rent this out along with The Warriors, Spit on your Grave & several other video nasties !! on a regular basis.
    Now for those of you to young to remember we used to have things called videos.

Anyway having watched it the other night I thought, "what a load of rubbish" how could we have watched this again & again & enjoyed it???

Anyway, has anyone else come across something that has not stood the test of time????

2. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

Aside from my relationships?

Erm..... no I don't think so. There are lots of films that are great the first time you see them, but once you know the plot you can't watch them back again.

Everyone nowadays slates The Blair Witch Project - but when I saw it in the cinema my flat mate and I thought it was a real documentary, so we absolutely **** our pants and couldn't sleep!

3. Strattonblue

Strattonblue Guest

I dont know about films, but I can think of some LPs that I'd rather forget...

4. King_of_Portman_Rd

King_of_Portman_Rd Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Being as I have finished writing my dissertation and have very little to do besides applying for an endless stream of jobs that seem to take a month or two to send rejection letters, I decided to watch the Bourne Trilogy for probably the 7th time and maybe it's just me but I could probably watch that over and over again, as with the Original three Indianna Jones trilogy but I watched Willow a while back which I loved as a kid but thought it was utter tripe this time round. Interesting that.

5. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

I haven't seen the wanderers for ages so can't comment on if I would find it crap now but The Warriors still kicks ass as a movie. There are too many top scenes that are hard to forget, the baseball furies, "can you dig it" and "warriors, come out to play" make this a memorable movie. Add onto this that I am a big old skool hip hop head and love everything about the culture including graffitti etc and this still remains a favourite of mine.

6. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

Warriors is still a great film as is The Wanderers but i have found that Breakdance2 ElectricBoogaloo has not aged that well!!!!!!!!

7. ciderman

ciderman Member

American Graffitti,Great movie and still stands up.

The Long Good Friday will get you going again Pershore.

<ok>

Whoops

I think I may have just wummed myself,but it is a class movie.

8. PioneerBlueinOZ

I actually bought this on DVD last year as was my favourite film as a Kid (we must have had the same video delivery man) as used to watch the same films growing up!

Apart from those legendary one liners, leave the kid alone, dont **** with the wongs ...er thats about it

Cant believe how bad it is now.....but sound track still great...My missus was trying to get me to see Jersey boys, I told her no point I'll just stick the Wanderers on!

9. Redruth

Redruth Well-Known Member

Ciderman,

The Long Good friday is class, Ray Winstone has mentioned on the radio that they may remake it !!!! Not to sure about that ??? "cut him razors" :emoticon-0107-sweat

PioneerBlueinOZ

The music is class in the film, but fond memories were ripped apart.
    As you say, apart from those classic lines, the rest was awful.

10. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

My hair has definately not stood the test of time, theres lots of it but its changed colour!

11. cheddyblue

cheddyblue Member

We used to watch National Lampoons Animal House probably once a week...again some great one liners and bought the dooved about a year ago - still laughed a bit but not as much...
    Anyhow 'you can take your thumb outta my ass anytime now Niedermeyer..' still gets me hehehe

12. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Rita and Sue and Bob too! <ok>

Class british cult film!

Fancy a jump on te moor girls!

13. Tractor Tim

Tractor Tim Member

Bernie Inns! Prawn Cocktail, scampi and chips (in a basket!) and black forest gateaux!!! So yesterday now!

14. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Crimson Plum, Ah yes breakdance 2, remember going to the movies to see it but haven't seen it since. The first breakdance was great with Ice T on stage and a good soundtrack. I still listen to it now, chaka khan and ollie and jerry etc. Good times breakdancing on a bit of cardboard round your neighbourhood with the ghetto blaster kicking out newcleus or sugarhill gang and annoying everyone. Don't forget Beat Street.
    Other classics have to include the original predator movie. Top,top scenes and characters never to be forgotten.