1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic disappearing weetabix

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by johngalleyfan2, May 16, 2019.

1. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

for many many years the dish I use for my Weetabix has remained the same, being[ almost ] "bowl" shaped flat bottom curved up sides I used to have 2 and they wouldn't lie flat in the bottom by quite a bit …. over time they almost did .. shrunk by 1/2" + in length and breadth! but a few years ago I changed to having just 1 [ part of a diet and not so active ] I buy them in bulk [ 2 boxes of 72 or multiples when 48s or 24's ON SPECIAL OFFER about 144 ish at a time [ they do keep well if dry and sealed ] == special offers etc == each biscuit costing around 6.8p - 8p in the last couple of years.
    my last box of 72 … .. still had some of the last batch [ bought November 2018 ] so put in dish 2 one of each …….. new one [ FROM "mega pack" ]snuggly fitted over the old one with space to spare about 5mm on end and 2 or 3 along side … shrinkage OR should I sayshrinkage …….. I reckon at least 30% of my Weetabix has been shaved off over the past 15 years …. and the biggest disappointment on my last purchase each biscuit now costs 8.3p

HAVE YOU NOTICED ANY OTHER PRODUCTS where shrinkage is noticeable?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ITS A BORING SUMMER WITHOUT FOOTBALL<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yuTMWgOduFM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  2. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Shrinkage can be a real problem if you believe your underpants are getting bigger. <ok>

3. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Interesting threads seem to be shrinking

Reliant Robin TC2 and BCFCRob like this.
  4. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

absolutely why don't you think of something interesting as could most of us .. but often an interesting thread has a small audience or replies from peeps that don't comprehend what the thread is about and fail to comment, or question what they do not understand and thus learn something .. with the internet there should be problem with getting answers ……..HOWEVER is the internet the reason there is so little discussed or talked about?
    my visits to NW Scottish wilds is so relaxing as we have to revert back to actually speaking to each other no phone signals and no internet [ about 5kb minute.....lol ]