1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Diedhiou Signs for £5.3m

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by BCFCRob, Jun 28, 2017.

1. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Worth his own thread now he's signed?
    And I was spot on about the new kit :1980_boogie_down:

please log in to view this image

2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

3. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Fairly serious money for us. Let's hope he's the business and can fill Tammy's shoes

Well done City for getting him

4. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

He's our new number nine - Johnson
    Wednesday, June 28th 2017

Lee Johnson has revealed Famara Diédhiou will be handed the number nine shirt after his club record £5.3m switch from Angers SCO.
    The Senegalese forward has penned a four-year deal at Ashton Gate, following the same path as Jonathan Kodjia took years earlier.
    Johnson said of his new striker: “I’m absolutely delighted he’s signed. I think he’s going to be a huge player for us.
    “We’ll give him the number nine shirt, which obviously comes with that history for goalscorers – and most importantly he actually wanted that shirt number.
    “He fits the bill for us because he’ll complement all of our strikers perfectly. He’s powerful, he’s quick and I think he’s got the potential to get even bigger and stronger physically.
    “The beauty is that now is his time to shine. He’s a goalscorer in that he gets into good areas and can score different types of goals – volleys, headers and he’s got an attitude to shoot, which is what we’re after.
    “I think we can work with him and improve him, which is exciting for me because he’s a raw talent who can go as far as he wants in football.”
    He added: “We’ve had stiff competition to bring him in, which is a credit to (owner) Steve Lansdown for pushing the boat out and going for the one we wanted.
    “That’s important because there was interest from other big clubs – not only in the Championship but from abroad as well.
    “Obviously it’s our record signing, which is amazing. Thank you to Steve, the Board and everybody involved in making the decisions, particularly how well Mark (Ashton) has done in this process because it’s never easy to bring in a player when the competition is so high.”

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/hes-our-new-number-nine-johnson/

5. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

This is the quality required if you are a serious about doing something in the championship.

Now for Goalkeeper-right wing-central midfielder.

:1980_boogie_down::1980_boogie_down::1980_boogie_down:

6. Red Robin

I'LL WRITE MY OWN STORY HERE - DIÉDHIOU
    WEDNESDAY, JUNE 28TH 2017

Famara Diédhiou will undoubtedly draw comparisons with Jonathan Kodjia, but insists he has come to Ashton Gate to write his own story.

The Senegalese striker has become the club’s record signing after completing a £5.3m transfer from Angers SCO.

The move comes two years after Kodjia made the same switch, at the time for a record £3.25m. The Ivory Coast international went on to score 20 times in 48 games before moving to Aston Villa for a Championship record deal worth £15m.

Diédhiou, 24, is just exciting to starting another chapter in his short professional career.

He told BCTV: “Jonathan Kodjia was a very good player. He came here and scored many goals here.

“However, I’ve come here to write my own story. “I’m happy to be here and I can’t to start and meet my team-mates.

“It was an easy decision to join Bristol City because I like this competition (Championship) and I wanted to play here in England.

“The challenge is bigger here. Bristol is a big city and a very good one. There are more matches and they come around quickly.

“I know a lot about Bristol City and I’ve spoken lots to the manager (Lee Johnson) here. I know what to expect.”

• please log in to view this image
    PrevNext
    Of his own attributes, Diédhiou said: “I’m aggressive, I’m strong. I like to hold the ball up and also to battle other players. I’m very excited about the challenge ahead.”

Asked for a message for City fans in his native tongue, the forward replied: “I’d like to say I’m very happy to be here at Bristol City and sign.

“I’m looking forward enthusiastically to the season ahead. I hope they get behind us and push us on. I can guarantee this year they are going to enjoy it.”

That will be music to the ears of City supporters, who have witnessed their club recruit Italian defender Eros Pisano and Diédhiou in the past 48 hours.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  7. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Good to get the 2 overseas lads in before pre-season training starts - all very exciting

8. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

He is certainly the style of striker we needed to go with the others. I reaaly hope he hits the ground running come August.

9. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

Always hard to judge - can't say that I'm an avid watcher of French football! That said, on paper, seems like potentially an excellent signing. Hopefully he fits in, finds his rhythm and proves to be another success story.

...also, liking the look of the new home strip. :emoticon-0148-yes:

10. TampaBayBCFC

TampaBayBCFC Active Member

Lotta cash......anything like JK, then it will be money well spent.

11. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

In todays money it's not actually that unreasonable (provided he lives up to him billing of course). Given that £10m+ transfers are becoming ever more frequent in the 2nd tier, it's quite astonishing that £5.3m could be considered a bargain!

12. Red Robin

potential is there for him to become a 20 mill player,LJ is right he has the chance to go as far as he wants.
    if he fires goals for us then we are all winners.

13. Red Hub

Red Hub Active Member

I would imagine that any loan signings will be on tour with their own clubs if we are looking at Man City & Chelski.
    Hope we get in a decent winger and a monster to dominate the middle of the park. It might be worth getting the austrian kid back as number two. Well done to City and SL for what looks like a shrewd bit of business over last couple of days.

14. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

I'm hoping that Hegeler proves to be invaluable in midfield. He may not be a 'monster', but could fit the bill of a strong, defensive central mid, who still has creativity. New signings are exciting, but making the most of what you already have can be just as effective.

15. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Bienvenue a Bristol mon ami. Well now we have really upped the ante and let's hope for all concerned that it works out well. For years I have been looking for us to step outside our usual box and comfort zone and although this deal won't echo around the other football world I like the positivity it has created down Bristol way.

Drinking out of my Bristol City mug this morning and the coffee smells and tastes great. Well done.

Red Robin likes this.