1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Did You Know?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Aug 10, 2018.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

........Bristol City FC has got 14 younger players out on loan.

• Tyreeq Bakinson (Newport County)
    • Aden Baldwin (Cheltenham Town)
    • George Dowling (Eastleigh)
    • Freddie Hinds (Wrexham)
    • Shawn McCoulsky (Southend United)
    • James Morton (Bath City)
    • George Nurse (Weston-super-Mare)
    • Aaron Parsons (Weston-Super-Mare)
    • Tom Richards (Truro City)
    • Antoine Semenyo (Newport County)
    • Harvey Smith (Hereford United)
    • Jonny Smith (Tranmere Rovers)
    • Zak Vyner (Rotherham United)
    • Jojo Wollacott (Truro City)

2. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

Didn’t realise there were that many, most of them I’ve heard of as well , just never seen them all listed.
    I suppose the proof of the pudding is in the eating, so to speak . It’s all very well having a high number , only time will tell whether we just have quantity over quality or whether a decent percentage of them make it into our first team and beyond.

The recent departures of Joe and Bobby show what can be achieved , were they a one off or a sign of things to come, I hope it is the latter.

Zac and Lloyd are the nearest at the moment to making the step up to the first team, of course as we are now in the championship it has become harder to get into the team , both these two would have got into the team had we been in League 1 like we were when Joe and Bobby were coming through.

Personally I prefer to see players come through and see their progression, much better than buying players that stagnate and get worse over time, as we tended to do in the past.

Loans are all well and good, I enjoyed Tammy as much as anyone, but I’d rather we progress one of own youngsters than someone else’s,

If we can get it right hopefully it will encourage young talent to choose us as a club to come to, but as ours , not someone else’s on loan ,as it’s getting more difficult to progress through established prem teams .

The way you the prem is I believe there is the opportunity for foreword thinking championship teams to make this model work , I just hope we are one of them.

3. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

I have high hopes for Lloyd

4. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Both Joe and Bobby spent time out on loan in a lower league with Plymouth and it dint do their development any harm.

5. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

the prem has a massive surfeit of "locally born" talent that may never make it in the teams featuring in the top 12 prem teams!
    we have 14 on loan ...….Chelsea has or in the past couple of seasons 40 out on loan!
    There must be something like 250 or more prem players out on loan? certainly I would have thought over 200 This is due to the constant import of non England born players being imported annually... I think the premiership has the highest percentage by half a mile of non native players in the world!

In Gareth we have a national manager who is picking up on the younger elements of the "few that get through" and giving them the opportunity …. of the 3 we have just lost, Joe may be the only one that shines.... we will see [from] today what City has contributed to the future of the prem!