1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Did the Earth move for you?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GroveRanger, Feb 19, 2018.

1. GroveRanger

GroveRanger Well-Known Member

http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/17/uk-reacted-4-4-magnitude-earthquake-7320829/

please log in to view this image

Thousands of people up and down the UK were left shaken this afternoon after a 4.7 magnitude earthquake hit Wales. Brits as far as Cornwall and Liverpool reported feeling the heavy tremor, which struck at around 2.31pm.

I hope you are all safe and well, most of you anyway.

2. Toley Fart

Toley Fart not606's best fighter

3. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Waiting for my workmate to pick me up 6am this morning and a East European guy on a bike probably 19 20 years old rode up to me and asked " 1 cigarette " whilst gesturing with his fingers like an invisible cigarette.
    I told him I don't smoke then he repeated the same question "Gif to me 1 cigarette please".
    I then told him to go away and checked my phone for notifications and such like.
    The guy peddled around in circles then held something under his grey tracksuit and kept looking back.
    My lift arrived and he peddled off .

I presume the little **** was going to threaten me with a knife and try and Rob my phone.

4. Toley Fart

Toley Fart not606's best fighter

<laugh> they really are scum of the earth.

5. Strange Nipples ST

Strange Nipples ST Well-Known Member

Thousands of people up and down the UK were left shaken this afternoon after a 4.7 magnitude earthquake hit Wales. Brits as far as Cornwall and Liverpool reported feeling the heavy tremor, which struck at around 2.31pm.

UK = England & Wales.

Suits me.

DevAdvocate likes this.
  6. If in doubt

If in doubt Well-Known Member

^^^^^^

Didnae happen

7. GroveRanger

Or he might have realized you were in need of a cigarette and he was reaching into his jacket to fish out a pack of B&H and offer you one. Two sides to every story. The knife option does also sound legit.

Came out the train station this morning and there was a gang of around 20 Roma gypsies all stood around waiting to be sent out to their respective begging spot. In 100 yards (that's like metres to you youngsters) I passed three beggars of differing shades. There are the Romas, the down and outs and the dependents with more than a few ex-military thrown in. Previously at the same station I've seen the lead Roma (not dressed like a tramp but in a fetching 3/4 length leather coat) passing around hand-written begging cards with the usual "Homeless and hungry" or variations on a theme. I also wonder if back in Transylvania there is a thriving beggars acting school because some of them go way beyond the norm. There are the ones pretending to be disabled with child sized crutches, the lying prostrate on the floor with hands clasped together, although most of them have mastered the pathetic look and just mumble what might be "please" but is more often than not something sounding like "mmmmmeeeerrrrrrrmmmmeeeeeee"

If I'm not dodging beggars I'm trying to avoid Chuggers who congregate in gangs near where I work. Last week there was a young black girl who I did the polite "no thank you" and shake of the head as she asked me to spare some time, but her mate 30 feet away turned round to ask the same thing and she was drop dead gorgeous. I thought it might look a bit racist blanking the black girl and then start chatting with her hot white colleague so I politely declined the offer of a chat and continued along my way. I'm all for charity by the way, just sponsored my mate's daughter who is raising cash for Cancer Research. I just don't like being chugged, door-stepped or begged.

8. Strange Nipples ST

Strange Nipples ST Well-Known Member

He probably thought you were a rent boy and "gif me one cigarette please" is probably code for a sneaky blow job.

Maybe not dress in shorts and cropped t-shirts while hanging about street corners <ok>

9. GroveRanger

Or sit around the Burger King at Piccadilly Circus. So I've been told that is. :bandit:

10. DevAdvocate

DevAdvocate Gigging bassist

Apparently the earthquake caused £1m worth of improvements in Cardiff.

Sign Da Ting and As We Know like this.

11. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Burger King is in Leicester Square

12. gas

gas ACCOUNT DELETED
    Forum Moderator

We shall rebuild :azn:

Toley Fart likes this.
  13. Ponders Revisited

Ponders Revisited Well-Known Member

I like Cardiff. And Wales in general.

Bye.

14. monacoger

monacoger POTY 2021

Some lovely castles there <ok>

Ponders Revisited likes this.
  15. Ponders Revisited

Indeed there is. Check out Dolbadarn, one of my absolute faves. :emoticon-0152-heart

dolbadarn.jpg

Patience likes this.
  16. monacoger

monacoger POTY 2021

Think you have posted that one before mate. In fact, I tell a lie, I think I was reading a Bill Bryson book and he was in Cornwall (or that general part of the country)and mentioned a castle and I googled it and it looked very similar to the one you posted. Even the same distance from and angle of the castle <ok>

17. Ponders Revisited

Dolbadarn sits within the shadow of Snowdon. The local preservation railway runs alongside it and makes for a perfect day out.

As for Cornwall, there are few medieval castles there, but off the top of my head, I'd consider Carn Brea or Restormel to be the closest fit.

18. monacoger

monacoger POTY 2021

Yeah, obviously the body of water in the picture I'm thinking of on the left of the picture would be the Atlantic in the picture I'm thinking of and it could well have been not as far West as Cornwall. Think I read about it in the one called dribbles from a small island or whatever it was called? The one when he revisited a lot of the places after the wrote notes from a small island. The castle I'm thinking of may actually have been nearer Bournemouth? I'm sure, Ponders, we can work it out <ok>

Ponders Revisited likes this.
  19. Ponders Revisited

You were correct in the first instance, Mon. I shook my head a little longer, and out of my ear popped St Michael's Mount near Marazion, Cornwall. :emoticon-0148-yes:

20. Gambol

Gambol George Clooney's wee brother

Ponders = Ian
    Ian = Ponders

The biggest clue was Ian answering Ponders' quizzes before they were even posted.