1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Demba Ba fitness!!

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Vuckic's Faces, Oct 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vuckic's Faces

Vuckic's Faces Active Member

The reason Demba Ba did not train in the two sessions before Senegal’s 2-0 win over Mauritius on Sunday, has been cleared up.

The Senegal manager Amara Traore has today said that the decision not to play Be was simply a precaution, because of the poor state of the pitches they were training on.

I hope Demba Ba is fit for the Spurs game, as he has been in top form lately.

2. aginairrr

aginairrr Active Member

The team I want us to start with is...

Krul
    Simpson Saylor Coloccini Santon
    Tiote Cabaye
    Jonas Ben Arfa Marveaux
    Ba​

The team we will start with is...

Krul
    Simpson Saylor Coloccini Raylor
    Obertan Tiote Cabaye Jonas
    Ba Best​

Oh well!

3. The top one is almost right, switch Jonas back on to the left, and Marv on the right <ok>

They can cut in and shoot and also put in an inswinging crosses, if they're on those sides.

If it doesn't work than Pardew can easily make them change sides.

4. The mighty DeBOOSHy

The mighty DeBOOSHy Active Member

It'd be nice if we could have some interchange between Marv and Jonas swapping sides throughout the match to shake things up, but Jonas doesn't like to stray too far from the left hand side.

Anyone remember the Liverpool away games last year where Jonas was raping Flannigan (the young right back) in the first half and got him on a yellow card scared to make a tackle. I the second half, Kenny D switched the full backs so that Flannigan wasn't against gutierrez - it annoyed me so much that we didn't pop gutierrez on the right wing for a bit to keep up the onslaught against the obvious weak link! Makes me assume Jonas doesn't actually like playing on the right.

5. StoneyNUFC

StoneyNUFC Member

Jonas came to us as a right-winger though. He's right footed and marvaux is left footed (I think?) - Probably better with the original.

Agree it's easy enough to swap though. Would be good in the second half, depending on who Spurs field

6. Shola's Concrete Boots

Shola's Concrete Boots Active Member

I hope Ba is back fit, Ive just put him in my Dream Team.

7. Arfa's Left Foot

Arfa's Left Foot Active Member

That's not true.

He's been a left winger for at least 3 years now anyway.

8. I've always said Jonas is a right winger, because his strongest foot is his right, but that just means on the right, he could cross in on his right, and shoot with his weaker foot.

But on the left side, he can shoot and swing in a cross both with right foot.

Wolves learned to do that with Jarvis and Ohara, and that's how they get most of their goals, inswinging deliveries.

9. Arfa's Left Foot

But that is a stupid assumption like saying Messi is left footed, therefore he should never have played down the right. Same with Nani on the left.

10. Jonas' Dance Teacher

Jonas' Dance Teacher Active Member

Jonas is a left winger imo

11. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Guest

Jonas' game is more suited to the left wing, he's an inverted winger and no doubt will be for the rest of his career.

12. Jonas' Dance Teacher

Jonas' Dance Teacher Active Member

As they say, if it ain't broke don't fix it :) lol

13. StoneyNUFC

StoneyNUFC Member

I beg to differ :)

He has spent the majority of his time for us on the left, but he definately started out on the right. That's why he played RB in the last world cup. <ok>

EDIT - Does no one remember debating it on the old BBC board? People were criticising him and a few of us were saying he will take ime to adjust to that position?

14. Arfa's Left Foot

He played RB because Maradona is a donut <laugh> 'My team is Messi, Jonas, Mascherano and 8 others' was my favourite quote of his. It meant he was willing to play them anywhere just to fit them into the team. Jonas played 1 game at RB, looking so out of place it was painful to watch and didn't start another game at the World Cup. He has played on the left wing for us for so long. His game is clearly suited to the left. Lennon and Bale try beating their man down the line and chipping a ball into the box. Jonas is like Messi, he much prefers to beat the full back inside and run at the centre of the defence.

15. StoneyNUFC

StoneyNUFC Member

Haha, yeah. Too many winter holidays in the "snow" that chap like :) -

I can see what you are saying. However, do we know if Marvaux can play on the right? I would feel more comfortable with someone who had a long stint in that position then throwing a new lad in there, who is still an unknown quantity to us in fairness.

16. Beatski

Beatski Well-Known Member

The occasional swapover would be great. <ok>

Also, we need a (preferably left footed) fullback who's effective on the overlap behind Jonas on the left to see the full attacking potential from our left side (i.e. drop Raylor)

i think he played there for the reserves the other day, got a goal and an assist.

p.s. the title of the article sounds like a workout video (probably a knee rehab one)

17. The mighty DeBOOSHy

Not sure about this - I remember the famous youtube goal that went around when we signed him when he celebrated with the mask - he came in from the left hand side didn't he?

Also, who was debating his ability in the first few games for us? I remember him playing his best football for us in his first quater season for us, he was immense in the Man U game - and his flair was refreshing at the time - it took us fans a good few months to realise his end product was suspect.

18. The mighty DeBOOSHy

Ha ha, the least successful fitness vid of all time - "get as fit as the guy who's failed 3 medicals in the last 3 years! - but don't bend your knees!"

19. StoneyNUFC

StoneyNUFC Member

Yeah man, joyous memories of him running straight through most of their squad. Good times :)

It wasn't in his first few, it was a little after that, but not by much. Everyone started having a go about his end product, but myself and others were arguing that he will need practice and time on that side. I still believe that may be what's holding him back on his end-product, which is why I remember it so well.

20. Yes, but if you read the rest of the ****ing comment I elaborated, and stated that what i though was wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.