1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Delusional Don

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Our manager's twitter account is @DonRanieri and like many a godfather reckons himself almighty. Or that's how it comes over in an interview he's done with the local paper.

A couple of quotes:

1. When asked about Shahid Khan describing him as a 'risk-free and ready-made for the Premier League', Ranieri said:

"I am happy to stay [even if relegated]. I used to work also in the Championship. I won the Championship in Italy, in France. I am ready to fight with the club, I love this club because it is a very, very good club. I am here if the owner wants me"

[He's on a 'multi-year contract' - thought to be two-and-a half years.]

2. On asked about the current situation he referred to his 'miracles at Cagliari and Parma' and said:

The key is to train very well, to stay together in the bad moments. This team is the same, they work very well, they stay together. It’s important for me because I have to motivate them. But who motivates the motivator? The players and the fans."

Really? Some suspect he's lost the dressing room and few would doubt that the fanbase is most definitely not in his corner at this time.

Here's a link to the article: https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/fulham-claudio-ranieri-west-ham-15870420

2. Cottager58

Picking up on the first of those quotes, Just seen that Casper Stylsvig, Fulham's Chief Revenue Officer, has left the club to join AC Milan. He'll start his new role on March 1. Stroll on Don Ranieri if you believe the owner takes failure lightly.

Stylsvig was appointed in 2016 from Manchester United to increase revenue via ticketing sales, catering and sponsorship deals. His leaving has surely got something to do with the furore among fans over ticket pricing and allocation this season. The atmosphere it has created is rank and the disconnect between fans and the Club has never been greater for many a year.

3. Cottager58

4. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

We have 17pts from 27 games, we now need 9pts from 11 games to get above Southampton and Cardiff, as long as Southampton only get 2 more pts and Cardiff none from their 11 games. I'm not too sure who would have any confidence to stay in the division, despite who is at the helm.
    Has Ranieri lost the dressing room?, the only thing to be sure of, he has lost the opportunity. So time to find the right man for next seasons battle.

5. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

Correction, Cardiff can get one draw in the 11 games .................. that a bit easier!

6. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

38pts is generally regarded as the magic number, although 35pts is often enough to stay up. Working to the lower figure, we need 18 more points, making six wins out of the remaining 11 matches. It's not impossible, but it's looking unlikely and we need to start ticking off those wins soon or it just gets harder and harder. Given that our fixture list includes Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester City (not that this isn't a good time to be playing Chelsea), it may well be that we need six wins from the other eight games. I haven't given up hope of another great escape, but in my heart of hearts I just don't see it happening now. A win against West Ham would have made a huge difference, in points and in belief, but we weren't able (or willing) to keep doing the things that got us ahead and we paid for it.

Cottager58 likes this.
  7. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

One thing I don't get with the Ranieri situation is that a manager with his history should have the pulling power to bring in marquee players from his old teams that want to play for him. But it would seem that either he is a bit of a fraud on the success he has had or our Club management do not hold him in high esteem enough to back his judgement.
    On that alone I do not see him continuing on as manager when it comes to next season.
    5 minutes ago rumours on twitter from the newspapers that Ranieri will been sacked today

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
  8. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

2 weeks ago after back to back wins I'd have disagreed strongly wirh you regarding the points we'd get.
    After our losses to Watford and Everton, that one point looks a stretch!
    Keep smiling.

2whitestripes and Cottager58 like this.
  9. Cottager58