1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Deluded job advert from Rovers

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Aug 4, 2021.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Just when I think the club can't sink any lower.... they do! How delusional are they to think an intern can do all of those duties by themself for free when really you need 3 or 4 full time staff to fulfill those duties. The club and Wael have been receiving stick for this from people who know the analytic world and believe the duties involved should be a paid job in the region of £50+ plus salary and no one who can do that role would do it for free and if anyone who would do it for free would not have a clue and won't be able to do that role!

3. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Wael's response on twitter to the stick he has been getting is a screenshot from the dictionary of the word internship <doh> Pretty disrespectful to those (fans and none fans) who has questioned this advert!

4. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

That’s very strange. I know a little about data analysis too.

Apparently the internship reports into the Head of Analysis (should be called the Head of Analytics), yet the role is basically setting up a football analytics function - so what’s the “Head of” been doing?

I agree that this is a £40-50k role. If the intern was just running reports and cleaning data sets then ok, but it’s not - it’s far more than that and probably beyond the capabilities of a student.

Very silly.

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.