1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Dear QPR fans

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Qpranger100, May 20, 2011.

1. Qpranger100

Qpranger100 Member

Please Please Please....lets start being realistic about who the club will sign.

Saying the club should go for Defoe, Crouch, Parker, BA, Cole is crazy we will not pay the wages because we do not know how far we will go.

Id like us to sign Messi, ronaldo and tevez its not going to happen....

Please Lets stop spaming

2. Northolt-QPR

Northolt-QPR Active Member

3. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

your right ranger its silly talk we start paying them sort of high wages then we will end up in admin again & no thanks,

4. Rollercoaster Ranger

Rollercoaster Ranger Well-Known Member

Hoorah. Perhaps we can now start the genuine "realistic signings thread".

Young and hungry. :smiley-finger007:

5. CannockQPR

CannockQPR Active Member

I'm afraid you are right chap, I would love to see Crouch at QPR, and thought it might be realistic but having checked he is rumoured to be on £95K a week!!! They like expensive seat covers at tottenham don't they.

It just ain't going to happen, on that basis though pretty much every striker currently in the premiership is out of our reach.

I guess we are going to have to accept this.

More worryingly though on the same basis - why would Adel even consider staying? If we are not going to pay Prem wages and Crouch can earn £95K a week, what could Adel be earning? - At least quite a bit more than we will be prepared to pay.

It does seem a little odd though, we've battled for years to get in the prem only to get there and conclude we can't really afford to be there.

The only way left is to sign young, hungry, unproven talent or older experienced Championship players and hope for the best, it's asking a huge amount of everyone to stay up even for one year on this basis.

I guess in the end even if we did break the bank, and put the club ar risk it still would guarantee nothing, I think Wigan spend over £20Mill a year on wages alone and look where they are.

Its very frustrating though - if i hear the term 'Money bags QPR' once more i think i am going to start shouting.

Enjoy the Fight saturday - who is Cleverley fighting now? I think they might have to pick someone from the crowd the way it is going.

6. Rollercoaster Ranger

Rollercoaster Ranger Well-Known Member

This is all part of the building process. We have to accept that we are not Chelsea or Manchester City and cut our cloth accordingly. If we get this right we will be able to pay higher wages next season, and then higher again the one after etc.. Try to run before we can walk and we will crash and burn. We need the club to be run sensibly, and we all need to be realistic. It may take 10 years, but if we build properly, we can get there.

7. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Talking of Cleverley who's got him on loan at present? he could do a job...

8. goldcoast hoop

goldcoast hoop Well-Known Member

Pay peanuts get monkeys?Can we aim a little higher.

9. CannockQPR

CannockQPR Active Member

I agree, but i was sort of thinking part of that building process is too stay in the premiership if at all possible, and to do that we will need to score goals next year, and i was sort of hoping for one decent marquee striker signing - a proven premiership goal scorer... and it looks like this is just not going to happen as we simply can't afford the wages. We run the risk of going straight back down and then it might take another 16 years to get back up, its a fine balance thats for sure, i guess i was hoping for too much and yes i think i and many others are probably being unrealistic.

10. goldcoast hoop

goldcoast hoop Well-Known Member

I think we need to take a chance on 1 big signing,hoping a striker?

11. jon434_QPR

jon434_QPR Member

Boothroyd may be up for grabs

12. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

We may have up to £50m to spend if Mittal takes over according to the Express!!!!!!

13. Shawswood

Shawswood Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0101-sadsm:emoticon-0101-sadsm
    £50m!!!!
    Just think about it!
    We can finally afford Torres!

14. Swords Hoopster

Swords Hoopster New Member

Its the same for every Club thats promoted fella. The first season is the toughest but it most definitely can be done if the board and manager are all pulling in the right direction. Thats the one worry I'd have about us. Look, every small-medium sized Club in the Prem had to get there at some stage and Bolton, Wigan, Fulham, Stoke etc all made it work by doing the right things. We can too, theres no doubt about it. We did it before and had a 14 year stay!