1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

dead rubber

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN, May 18, 2017.

1. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

But getting a bit ****ing embarrassing. Shakespeare out!!! Ha ha

All on beating Bournemouth to guarantee top 10 finish which 10 games ago we would have bitten yer hand off for. So **** spurs, we still have one more premiership than them ... yeee haaaa

2. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Shakespeare got shown up for what he is - an excellent coach but average manager.

He resorted to last year's tactics but had nothing else.

Hopefully he will stay on when the new guy comes in.

3. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Will need an improved performance against Bournemouth thats for sure.

4. jambawamba

jambawamba Well-Known Member

I am just shell shocked! How can last years Champions lose 6-1 at home
    and don't say we had players out that's just a excuse.

5. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

The league table gives the illusion that Shakespeare has 'turned things around'. He hasn't. It is exceptionally rare for the team in 8th to only have 46 points with 1 game to go. The quality of football this year from everyone from Southampton downwards has been abysmal - hence the 15 point gap between 7th and 8th.

In a normal season, 43 points would have you hovering just above the relegation zone not sitting mid table in 11th.

Other teams' ****eness has saved you this year, not Shakespeare.

Great game by the way. The '**** Jamie Vardy' had a scorcher <ok>

6. jambawamba

jambawamba Well-Known Member

G.F.Y.S!

7. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

Another way of looking at it could be that the so called lesser teams are all getting better and all taking points off each other thus a much tighter pack with very little points between them.

8. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

Possibly. But any game I've watched featuring 'lesser teams' has been alarmingly short on real quality. Sure, there are individual players in the 8th-20th region who can turn it on with a moment of brilliance. But there is a far larger collection of players and managers who are hopelessly over-rated and unsuited to the PL.

The fact that all 3 relegation spots were confirmed with 2 games still to play speaks volumes for the dearth in quality down there.

9. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

In fairness though spurs were quality tonight and are not far off , problem is though that there are bigger clubs that will try and pick off your best players and eventually your manager, the new stadium will undoubtedly have an effect but could possibly be a season out of sync. I am just happy living and reminiscing on last seasons laurels for my own club and just being in the premiership stll feels like a gift even after what we did.

Harry kane aint no **** jamie and we know it. He is an excellent harry kane and i hope he gets the golden boot and well deserved it would be.

10. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

We would have been relegated weeks ago if Ranieri had stayed, so he has turned it around. If you take results since Shakeys been in charge, we'd be about 5th-6th, above where i'd expect us to finish over 38 games. Just depends if he can keep the momentum up next year. Still think he'll be offered the job.

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN likes this.

11. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Well that put a dampener at work on a Friday morning. Stayed home to watch the game first and its not often I wished I hadn't. I guess that partly answers why it took Benny so long to get a game and why Amartey hasn't played centre back for us. Not much help from midfield to help them but even so. Chilwell the one bright light.

12. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

Sometimes you just have to sit back and admire how good Harry Kane is. The amount of goals he has scored over the last 3 season is unbelievable and he could walk in to 95% of teams in the world.