1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

David Ornstein's comments on Arsenal's Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by BrunelGooner, Sep 4, 2017.

1. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

Wow. Incredible stuff. Incompetence throughout all levels of the club. Highlights just how deep the problems in the club run.

2. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

Best part is how now Wenger has urged the fans to give their backing. Club has no clue how we feel. They are completely out of touch with reality.

3. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

Well, in all fairness the fans are pretty much out of touch with reality as well.

It could be the fans are so down on the club that failure is a self-fulfilling prophesy. After all we know confidence is one of the most important thing a player or a team can have.

Just make sure that you aren't just down on any manager, any owner, or any player the club gets, or we will never win anything, not even a lousy 3 FA cups in 4 years.

4. white_gunner

Unfortunately it is a self fulfilling prophecy at this point, but fans cannot just fake support / belief. With wenger in charge, almost no fans believe we can progress.

This is why it is so important to change the manager. (Best time would have been this past summer)

Fans will start having patience again when we see the club actually making changes. A new manager would be backed by the fan base for years no doubt.

Quilllogic likes this.
  5. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Can't read the tweet, why is the imaged overlapped ?

6. BobbyD

BobbyD President

to be fair not just your fans. Opposition fans as well. I thought Wenger was hard done by during the stadium years and his net spend was great and plucking gems out.

Then at around 2013 and onwards, i changed my mind and it was Wenger that was the issue. He simply has no tactical plans and thinks his players can play the same way and win, constantly overlooks your weaknesses and has no clue how to address them. He hasn't shown me anything since and as a fan of football, its sad to see him tarnishing his legacy although its hilarious at the same time as we get to watch arsenal fan tv as well as not have to compete for another rival for the league

7. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

8. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Okay, I can read it now I'm on my laptop. Would have liked to have seen us make a DM/CM as a priority this window. Ornstein says that Wenger looked at it towards the end of the window, but it was too late. That's kind of typical of Wenger's form. I was disappointed that we didn't get Lemar on deadline day, but it's a position that we do have players in, so not a tragedy there. We also got Lacazette and Kolasinac, both solid additions to the squad and we cleared out some deadwood. We also managed to keep hold of Sanchez by the skin of our teeth, so for this season at least, we'll get to see Sanchez and Lacazette play together.

9. blukyt

blukyt Well-Known Member

I'm sure it is not just me, but I have been ready for a couple of seasons to go through a painful transition period with a new manager. But to go through it with Wenger is terrible. And for another 2 years!

I know change takes time. With a clearer picture of what plan is for the club and a fresh ideas in the dug out, I bet you fans will get enthusiastic again win, lose or draw!

10. white_gunner

Fans have been warning us about this transition phase and giving us examples like Moyes with United. How ironic we are about to go through the exact same thing with Wenger still here.

11. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Not really - My bets is we will still finish top four this Season.

Also United went from 1st to 7th in a year. They have had to go through three managers and spend a good half a billion + just to get back into serious contention.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017