1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Dave L - Williams E block.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Alert, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

We are meeting tomorrow or discuss issues arising from yesterday, but a few early thoughts.

Positives: Great vocal support which could be clearly heard around the ground and made a real difference.

Negatives:

People from other blocks going into E. This will not be allowed to continue and will lead to a massive increase in stewarding in that area.
    Standing in the aisles: This cannot continue.
    Fans threatening stewards with violence for just trying to do their job. Anyone doing this in future will be ejected and banned.
    The guy who let off the smoke bomb. He was arrested and is now banned from Ashton Gate. If found guilty he faces a possible prison sentence and a three year national ban.
    The attitude of the drummer. He will be spoken to and dealt with.
    People standing in areas where they shouldn't and blocking the views of supporters who want to sit. I have had many complaints. This will not be allowed to continue.

There are clearly a minority of supporters in E who are looking for a confrontation with 'the club' who they see as the enemy. That's not a battle that myself, the Head of Operations and the Safety Officer want, but if those people continue to push the boundaries then they will be identified, ejected and banned.

Myself, Keith, Dan and Justin have worked really hard over the summer to create an environment where the East End ethos, and all the positivity it can bring, can continue. The attitude of some (not all) yesterday has left me feeling pretty disillusioned and wondering why I bother.

You need to work with us to make the singing section work. If there is understanding and a desire to compromise on both sides then it will. But if some of the behaviours that were shown yesterday continue then this won't end well for anyone.

2. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

Ah the smoke bomb, I was wondering what that smell was at the time it went off, could hardly breathe for a few seconds. Bet it was worth it though now being banned

3. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

You can see his points....

4. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

It was not just fans threatening stewards. Pity really.

5. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Good post Red Alert.

The ground redevelopment means that at some point everyone has to move - a very difficult exercise to pull off - it's the responsibility of everyone, i.e. the club AND the fans, to make it work.

6. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

That was from Dave L not myself. Think the EE being a bigger space kept the lid on things. Move the same into another stand into a much smaller space and up pops a few issues that years back people would have thought little of, but this is the Williams and 2014 not a terrace back in the day.

7. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

Really? Who else were threatening them? The Police? :police:

8. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

It was not just the Stewards getting threatened. I won't articulate that further. The Eastend was great to be part of, but some fans need to move their knuckles on.

9. tiger-emyrs-wolf

tiger-emyrs-wolf Well-Known Member

I thought the smell was a party popper.
    I only heard drummer once or twice . Biggest problem I still have is with the premier seating

10. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

I was in Williams Block K, never heard our drummer once <confused>, I heard Colchesters though, constantly banging the first, glad he stopped in the second half :)

11. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

I'm so relieved that the drummer went there, I was dreading it coming over to the Dolman.