1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Dale fans and the rest.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Cliftonville, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

"Tha centre halfs couldn't pass water lad".

"Tha forgot there was grass on the pitch second half"

"Tha bench cost more than the Dale squad"

I kept smiling, but a lot of City fans returned fuming as again Mr Cotterill failed to react when the oppositions Manger out thought him.

City forgot how to play second half yesterday. One winner first half as City passed the ball around Rochdale utilising the obvious advantages City have over the division. Second half Rochdale bossed it, City went aerial and if City had many other keepers other than the forum maligned Fielding it was a defeat.

Two consecutive games where what is a highly talented team and squad of player has been wasted.

2. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

First half and v Sheffield U is how City should play to FEET. Dont know if this is the Wilbraham effect but Orient and Rochdale gave City something to think about. When Dale pushed up the pitch the distribution from the back went straight up the park hoping ?? to hit Wilbraham.

3. cidered abroad

cidered abroad Well-Known Member

If a side press us very high up, then that limits our space to play on the floor from the back. Perhaps the long ball reaction to this is Cotterill's safety measure to minimise the back line of our defence getting the ball taken off them and thereby presenting the opposition with goalscoring opportunities.
    The big problem then is that we are not naturally a side that is comfortable and also successful with a long ball game. The games with Orient and second half v Rochdale prove this. We need to work out another way of reacting to sides that press very high against us.

4. Lan Logger

Lan Logger Well-Known Member

First thing I saw on the dale forum when I had a look was "Bristol were dog s**t".. short sweet and to the point..

5. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Simple facts, we have gone...

* First 4 league games without defeat..

* Including last 6 games of 2013/14 season we have gone 10 league games without defeat..

* We have taken 8 out of a possible 12 points.

* We are joint 3rd in the table..

Compared to last year I call that success, not pretty, not Barcelona but success...

From a happy fanl I await the experts.

6. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

It is a feature that appears with the personnel . Rochdale pressed high up the pitch, but allowed certain players at the back to have it safe in the knowledge they would go long. The whoosh was due to a lack of ability, coupled with Rochdale flooding midfield to limit options. The opponents also had the legs on City across the middle, more movement and quicker incisive passing was necessary, with the subs bench - You don't change with next to no or little change.

7. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

'more movement and quicker incisive passing was necessary, with the subs bench - You don't change with next to no or little change'

I'm not having this.
    Cotterill brought on Wagstaff.

He could have chose Bryan, Agard, Pack or Jet.
    Yeh, fu**ing Wagstaff - A real game changer.
    Surprised Cotterill didn't pull his usual master stroke - bloody El Abd.

8. glenngregory

glenngregory Active Member

Lest we forget!

Some people seem to think we should be winning every game with ease and that we are playing against players and managers that are inept and have no clue. God alone knows what will happen when we get beaten. the Cotterill Out crowd will start up again. It's one of the reasons I rarely look at this forum anymore. Too many people who think they could do a better job than Steve. Personally I am enjoying looking at the right end of the table right now

9. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

Annoyed probably Rochdale only got the one point when they had City by the short and curlies for most of the second half. City will play a lot better and lose this season at some point.

10. cidered abroad

Here is another contented supporter at present. Unbeaten in ten and in the top four after four tough matches to start the season.
    And IF we get at least a draw at Notts County, I will be very content.

It's going to be a long nine months. Did anyone really believe it would not be?

11. Reliant Robin TC

Reliant Robin TC Active Member

I'm more than happy as well at the moment!

Four games (this season) undefeated, top four position and NOT setting the world alight. As far as I'm concerned, that keeps us "under the radar" and no obvious pressure whilst the new boys bed-in properly!!

12. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Remember last year!!!

We have no divine right to win games - I'm happy with the team and the results so far - this will prove to be a decent point

13. Sixtyseconds

Sixtyseconds Member

Remember last year!!!

Yeah austerity and the pillars ... GONE.

This has had big bucks spent on it.

And for that

WHOOSH WHOOSH WHOOSH WHOOSH WHOOSH WHOOSH WHOOSH WHOOSH WHOOSH WHOOSH

CITY

WHOOSH WHOOSH WHOOSH WHOOSH WHOOSH WHOOSH WHOOSH WHOOSH WHOOSH WHOOSH

CITY

Well expect more.

First half on the deck ... City winning. Rochdale huffing and puffing.

Second half put in the mix percentage football means there is a high percentage the Reds don't get the ball back ... Reds didn't. City were the ones huffing and puffing.

Not quite Dogs**t as the Rochdull fan put it, but too close for comfort OR more importantly spend an afternoon watching and have little left out of a hundred sheets.

EDIT ... Actually I have changed my mind Ecky Thump was right.

14. National N1

National N1 Active Member

Am happy enough wouldn't say the team are on song yet and picking points up

15. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Did anyone think Flint could have been a little more proactive in trying to do something with the pass across goal that led to Rochdale's equaliser ?

16. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

'Did anyone think Flint could have been a little more proactive in trying to do something with the pass across goal that led to Rochdale's equaliser ?'

Had a look and Flint could have maybe, think Williams and Cunningham are more culpable.

17. cidered abroad

That was my reaction when I saw it first and after four or five re-runs, yes he was apparently daydreaming and not marking anyone. I thought he could have stopped the cross.

18. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Fiint could have attacked the ball better Williams or Cunningham didn't track the scorer.

poor defending all round..

19. rossij8

rossij8 Member

Same old negative posters on here -I rarely come on now because of that

Get a grip, 3rd, 8pts out of 12

Basically a new team, takes time to gel

20. cidered abroad

No we are not being negative. Just looking at how and why we conceded such a goal. I'm sure that Cotterill and Pemberton are doing exactly the same. It proves that 100% concentration is needed all through any game.
    Most of us on here have been pleased to see a big improvement in Flint and the defence as a whole unit. But that does not mean we are satisfied. In fact if we want City to start progressing up the leagues, we never will be complacent or satisfied.
    Constructive criticism is necessary for continued improvement.