1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Thread Saturday 27th July 2013

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by heisenburg, Jul 27, 2013.

1. heisenburg

heisenburg Well-Known Member

9.39 and NO thread

come on people
    racing comes from , well everywhere

to much for me but I must add it looks good

why so much dross in the week then far to much good stuff at the weekend

sort it out

me, im waiting for the wise ones to put up their winners before I lose my well earned readies

so lets be havin ya

and stay frosty

See here for the King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Stakes

2. woolcombe-folly007

woolcombe-folly007 Well-Known Member

Am on my way to the berkshire coyrse now :D one I do like in the big handicap is easily the classiset horse in the race HAWKEYETHENOO is a nice e/w price good luck to everyone today

3. heisenburg

one I follow wooly and I know Glee thinks a lot of this one BUT ive been told that Queensbury Rules is in top form and has been backed to the hilt by the owner, I was told that he had BB's waders on and SBC's flag raised aloft with the words Lump on written in bold
    I have followed accordinglyl

4. heisenburg

HERE IS MY EARLY SELECTIONS

Queensberry Rules @ 9/1 (GP)
    Win or E/W
    15:15 INTERNATIONAL STAKES 7f

Fehaydi @ 11/1 (GP)
    Win or E/W
    14:40 HANDICAP 1m

Crackentorp @ 8/1 (GP)
    Win or E/W
    16:40 HANDICAP 2m 88y

Fast Shot @ 16/1 (GP)
    Win or E/W
    15:30 YORK SKYBET DASH 6f

EW lucky and EW acca

good luck
    god bless

stay frosty

5. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

2:05 Ascot - Chroussa 8/1
    2:20 York - Smarty Smarks 11/4
    2:40 Ascot - Tarikhi 15/2
    3:15 Ascot - Hawkeyethenoo 16/1
    3:30 York - Mississippi 12/1
    3:50 Ascot - Hillstar 13/2 (was going to back the favourite but the £75k Stoute has paid to supplement this one has taken my eye)

Scoop 6 and EW Lucky 63

6. heisenburg

whilst im on and im not much these days due to work and their internet policy

a gd friend of mine visit's Brian Toomy whilst there he spoke to Mr Ryan who and I quote said "put all you want on Kevin Stott winning the apprentice title this year"

as im sure SBC will know Mr Ryans daughter is BT's GF

enough said BUT

I cant find a bookies with a price ( ive only asked PP to be honest)

stay frosty

7. As We Know

As We Know 1 of the top judges in Europe

Ascot
    2.40 Cape Peron 4/1 NAP
    3.15 Compton 33/1
    3.50 Hillstar 7/1

Newm
    5.05 Star Pearl 9/4

York
    1.50 Our Obsession 3/1

8. Bostonbob

Bostonbob Well-Known Member

I must apologise to my Pilgrims for my unannounced and extended period away from the board. Work has been manic.

I have looked at Ascot only today and like Fig Roll in the first as a cracking each way at 10/1. Listed winner, 4th twice in group 2's, will enjoy the ground. Hughes and Hannon combo.

To be honest I don't understand why it's so big.

CDA should be winning the big one.

9. Bostonbob

Bostonbob Well-Known Member

Glanced at York. Wouldn't surprise me if Mukhadram lost. The Apache at 7/1 will do for a little tackle.

10. Brough Tiger

Brough Tiger Well-Known Member

CDA wins the king george. Should be odds on. Its a genuinely top class horse against an obscenely average group 1 field.

I can see Mukhadram getting beaten as i dont think the Al Kazeem form is very strong but its just a case of what is gonna beat it. Im not convinced by Grandeur so im going to take a chance on The Apache.

Elsewhere, if the rain comes then i agree with Boris re Cape Peron. The ground was a bit too fast last time i think and he looked ultra impressive on good to soft the two races before that.

11. You See

You See Well-Known Member

Morning all not looked properly and definatly not on form 10/1landed yesterday but not good enough with an ew 2nd having a weekend with the better half so banned from gambling ha ha welcome back bob I hhope your wrong about mukharadam as I put him in a win lucky 15 also had ew31as follows from the gut
    Cirrus des aigles nap
    Wind fire nb
    Mukharadam
    Emirates flyer

Ew
    Trading leather
    Hawkeyedenew
    Fast shot
    Northern star
    Defendant

Good luck all

12. Brough Tiger

Brough Tiger Well-Known Member

Great minds Bob, great minds

13. As We Know

As We Know 1 of the top judges in Europe

Cirrus Des Aigles wont stay a strong run 1m4 at Ascot in a million years, and only one horse older than 5 has ever won the King George, its a race for 3/4yo's. That said, it isnt a great King George, Trading Leather simply cant win, Novellist is beatable and Ektihaam wont get an easy lead. Hillstars performance at Ascot was much better than I initially thought and I think hes a goodthing today. Should have too much for Novellist in the final furlong.

I think CDA's form is overrated, his best run was winning the Champion as a 5yo when he was at his peak, but So You Think and Snow Fairy were both running quick after the Arc and two 1m4 horses finished 3rd and 4rth. It was a good time though and for me its the strongest piece of form he has. Im not falling for the 1 3/4 second to Frankel, no way is that a true reflection of his ability, the round course at Ascot didnt really play to Frankels strengths, he missed the kick on woeful ground that suited CDA and still won practically on the bit, had that been York on nice ground Frankel would have beaten CDA 7 or 8 comfy.

I think people are making too much of him always needing the run first time out, thats true for the majority of horses, but he has never ran as poorly as he did last time and I think it was both a case of him needing it and being past his best.

Some people think he is going to win this in a canter, i'll be surprised if he finishes in the first 3, If I was bookie id lay him all day long at 6/4.

Edit. Please note this post has been copied to the thread dedicated to the King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Stakes

14. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

Chroussa 8/1 Ascot 2:05
    Benbecula 9/4 Wexford 4:00

Goodluck everyone as usual.

15. Gallop

Gallop Member

At Newmarket again today and have backed Al Saham 4/1 E/W for a good amount, been going well in a hood at home. Good luck

16. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

lots of competitive racing today, which is how it should be, but makes things a bit harder from our viewpoint, but same for the boookies, i am going to side with Tropics in the 3 30 at York--a very progressive lightly raced horse-- Dean ivory , like his dad ken, has become a dab hand with improving sprinters, the york track seems to play well with horses from this yard, Sirius Prospect won there very impressively two years ago--he runs in the 2 20, and is not without a chance by any means, but Tropics , barring ill luck will surely be bang there at the line, with Robert Winston on board he has the right man for such tactics.... here's hoping.

17. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

At York, Mukhadram does look like something of a lay-down, with the betting reflecting the fact that it should have finished second in the Group 1 Eclipse last time out and nothing in this Group 2 can match that form; however, I do not bet odds-on. The Apache has not been seen for a couple of months and last raced in Dubai, two reasons that I do not see it causing an upset. Hanagan will not set off like a scolded cat and the long home straight at York is flat so he will not be stopping at the end.

Advise at Ascot is simple: wait until a quarter of an hour before the race to see whether any of the forecast rain shows up and changes the going. The Ascot 3:15 should be avoided like the plague. This is a favourite’s graveyard, so if Queensberry Rules remains the jolly it is not even an each-way bet.

If the rain arrives, Cirrus Des Aigles should win the King George easily. Those that are of the opinion that it should be an odds-on shot have already burgled all the 7/4 that was going. If the rain does not fall, I still expect it to win on class alone unless Hillstar is another Nathaniel.

Last year when the BBC still covered racing, today’s Newmarket card was on Channel 4. The feature sprint handicap includes three horses that won by large margins last time out. Gold Hunter won a mediocre maiden in a canter and now pitches straight into handicap company (warning: maiden race winners have a chronic record first time in handicaps). Secondo easily accounted for a small field but the handicapper has acted accordingly with a hefty rise up the ratings. Midnight Flower also won a rather ordinary handicap easily last time and has been similarly punished but in a three-horse fight it has the advantage that it is seeking a hat-trick of course and distance wins.

18. CaptainPops

CaptainPops Well-Known Member

Afternoon all.....had a couple of weeks in the wilderness and last few bets havent gone to plan!!

Today :

3.15pm Ascot - Compton 28/1 e.w GP 5 places. Is back to a mark when he last won and has good ascot course form. If a drop of rain comes then even better. I have also had a small e/w on Rebellious Guest at 66/1 GP 5 places. Trainer has always rated the horse and a drop of rain would do no harm again .

3.50pm Ascot - Hillstar 7/1 GP E/W . Regarded as a potential derby horse and I liked the look of his last win over course and distance. Ryan Moore on top and as mentioned previously here the £75k paid by the owners is catching my eye too.

19. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

Afternoon chaps:)

CDA all day long for the Ascot big one. Nice argument against it Oddy but for me he has far too much for this bunch.

I think Frankie could have a good day at York with Grandeur and Khubala and I'm giving Redvers another chance in the Bet fair sprint at Ascot.

Good luck all :)

20. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

Afternoon chaps:)

CDA all day long for the Ascot big one. Nice argument against it Oddy but for me he has far too much for this bunch.

I think Frankie could have a good day at York with Grandeur and Khubala and I'm giving Redvers another chance in the Bet fair sprint at Ascot.

Good luck all :)