1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic DA-ZN for PL & other live games ? Canada & US

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by tigerscanada, Jul 30, 2019.

1. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

Has anyone who lives in Canada signed up for this streaming service for the current season ?
    I seem to be having problems navigating their site to find a sign-up page that works !
    Cable TV , who've carried the PL for the last number of years (pretty well ever game every week) were outbid by this bunch & it's the only live source we have.
    Feedback welcome.

2. CANADATIGER

CANADATIGER Well-Known Member

I'll be watching on TigersTV again TC...assuming they are showing the games. Never heard of DA-ZN.

3. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

As far as watching City, I'll be doing the same CT - using TigersTV.
    I was actually asking about the live broadcasts of the PL games. Sportsnet & TSN channels on cable tv have been carrying for the last 8-10 years, but were outbid by this upstart (see article below) internet streaming operation. Can't recall if you're still on Saltspring or back in California, but either way it seems DAZN have gazumped US & Canadian cable companies to gain exclusive PL broadcast rights over here.
    Bit of a sod as I have 3 large screen TVs rigged up in the basement to watch several concurrent PL matches on Sat & Sunday mornings - usually have a few mates round to join me, so this situation (no cable) requires me to link up to 3 PC's to emulate the same environment.
    At the moment it's a bit of a pain as signing up to DAZN is a bit of a mystery !
    Edit: I only have the live audio option for HCAFC, so they all have to listen to that broadcast over the PL game sound. No complaints yet !!

https://torontosportsmedia.com/2018/12/10/tsn-sportsnet-lose-epl-rights-to-dazn/

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  4. CANADATIGER

CANADATIGER Well-Known Member

Sounds like you've got a great set up there TC. I'm still living on Saltspring but this time of the year we rent the property to a friend from Texas for 2-3 months (he can't stand the summer heat and humidity down there) and travel around visiting our kids in California and Oregon, and next Monday we fly over to England to visit our son in Sussex and relatives in Yorkshire for a month. I'll be at the Blackburn game and maybe the away game at Brentford. Back on the Island in mid-September. Lets hope Eaves gets fit and Bowen/Grosicki stay. I see the Leeds pundit is predicting our relegation !!!

tigerscanada likes this.