1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Crouch and Palacios/Deadline Day thread

Discussion in 'Stoke City' started by sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband, Aug 6, 2011.

1. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...t-Potters-still-interested-article781644.html

Tottenham want a staggering £20million for Stoke targets Peter Crouch and Wilson Palacios - but the ambitious Potters are still closing in on the double deal.

Stoke manager Tony Pulis is willing to increase his offer to £18m to make the biggest swoop in his unfashionable club's history happen - and also help Spurs pay-off Crouch and Palacios and aid the problem of sorting their personal terms.

England striker Crouch is looking for around £70,000-a-week to join the Potters, whose current top-earner is on much less than that. Midfield workhorse Palacios is looking for a huge salary, too.

The pair would also have to be given settlements from Spurs - taken from the transfer fee - to make them go, but Stoke are now clear favourites in the hunt for both players.

Pulis is desperate to land the duo, who would give his side the kind of lift they want - and he is backed by the financial muscle of the Coates family.

2. BYeee

BYeee Guest

Just do it and make an old man happy, add another £5 mill and get Kranjic (sp) oh and round it up to £30 mill and 75pence and get Hutton and Defoe.

Sorted!!

3. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

I think you mean Krancjar Nicky? Cannot see Pulis going for him unless he was as backup for our wingers which I cannot see Krancjar agreeing to.

4. BYeee

BYeee Guest

Yup Sgt - thanks for that and quite agree with ye.

Nice to day dream eh??

By the way mate, do you thinks it's about time that we took down the sticky re; dreadful mistake on here???

I'm pretty sure that Potts doesn't want to see it every time he logs on!!

If you ARE reading this Potts, when you have finished for the day:

LOG OFF

5. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

I've been wondering about that. Will remove sticky now.

6. BYeee

BYeee Guest

7. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

http://www.stokecityfc.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10310~2412025,00.html? A few interesting quotes from Pulis which perhaps gives credence to the Palacios, Crouch, Bendtner rumours.

"We are talking to players who, if we were to sign them, then people would really open their eyes," he declared after the 1-0 victory in the Poljud Stadium.

"There are a few names that will surprise you if we get them because they haven't been mentioned yet and we are working hard to bring them in.

"We're in the market for four or five players, but we've got until the end of the month and I'm prepared to wait. The closer you get to the deadline, there's better deals to be done. That's the way we've worked since we got into the Premier League."

8. ProudPotter

ProudPotter Well-Known Member

Interesting Sgt, perhaps we should just wait and see what happens in the next couple of weeks. Pulis may well pull a rabbit or two out of the hat. I am a little worried about forking out sums like £18m for the likes of Crouch and Palacious however.

9. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

When the likes of Milner are getting signed for £25m and Carroll for £30m-£35m I personally don't think £18m would be such a bad deal for those two.

10. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I agree

11. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

http://twitter.com/#!/Football_Agent9/status/100151012614078464 From a Football Agent on Twatter

@Football_Agent9
    Football Agent
    Palacios has agreed personal terms with Stoke City. Announcement tomorrow/tuesday for sure.

@Football_Agent9
    Football Agent
    @Frosty_Potter89 It's a done deal bar a medical from what I have heard.

When I asked if the fee was £10m:

@Football_Agent9
    Football Agent
    @Frosty_Potter89 If you do well in Europe yeah, think the initial fee is closer to 6.

12. BYeee

BYeee Guest

Fingers crossed Sgt, when he was at Wigan, I rated hin higher than Valencia - ok different positions, an boy can this guy tackle!!!

13. Sir Ric

Sir Ric New Member

personally i would prefer Krancjar to palacious just because i think we need a more attacking cm and not a defensive one.

------------Begovic------------

Huth---Shawx---Woodgate---Wilson

Pennant--Parker--Krancjar--Etherington

---------Jones--Defoe--------------

I think we should change our transfer strategy and instead of buying 5 more players, just buy 2 more in the shape of a double bid for defoe and kanjcar because we need some real quality :)

14. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

I cannot see Pulis signing Krancjar for the cage, he isn't suited for that position, he'd only be backup for our wingers and there's no way Krancjar would agree to that sort of deal.

15. Pottermouth 328

Pottermouth 328 Well-Known Member

Nick
    Only just reading this thread so sure I will Jog off ASAP <laugh>
    My opening browser actually has a picture of Tony Pulis adonorned with baseball cap. Not sure which makes me feel better. At least while it was there
    I knew I was still alive. <yikes>

Sgt
    I too think that 18 million for the Spurs duo ain't that bad, if we stay up it would be more than worth it. ONE problem, I think it was Nick who said.
    He's never seen a bookie without money so, would Mr Coates be willing to shell out that much?

16. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

17. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

18. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_7091547,00.html

Stoke are in negotiations with Tottenham in an effort to sign Peter Crouch and Wilson Palacios.

Tony Pulis steered the Potters to another creditable mid-table Premier League finish last season, whilst also reaching the FA Cup final to earn Europa League qualification.

He is now busy trying to strengthen his squad before the transfer window closes at the end of the month and has identified Crouch and Palacios as targets.

Stoke chairman Peter Coates revealed that talks between the clubs had been ongoing for some time, with bid and counter-bid made in an attempt to reach an agreement.

Coates insists Stoke will not budge from their latest offer, telling Radio Stoke: "We've made our last bid. The ball is in their court. We shall not be negotiating from where we are.

Ambition
    "The last conversation I had with Spurs, we had not agreed anything. We'll see what happens, but we haven't got any further."

It remains to be seen if Stoke's pursuit of the pair will be successful, but it is a sign of their ambition that they want to bring in such players.

Crouch and Palacios are both proven Premier League performers and have established themselves as key members of the Spurs squad in recent seasons.

England striker Crouch has been at White Hart Lane since 2009 and was regularly deployed as a lone striker last season, while Palacios has made more than 60 appearances for Tottenham in his two-and-a-half years with the club.

19. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

http://twitter.com/#!/reluctantnicko/status/101226095893950464

From one of the most reliable footie journalists out there, Alan Nixon from the Mirror.

reluctantnicko
    Alan Nixon @
    @DynamoNonsense Palacios agent was up yesterday. Crouch camp seem keen. Very expensive but giving it a go. Bendtner an option to Crouch.

20. Pottermouth 328

Pottermouth 328 Well-Known Member

Sgt
    The more I read about this. The more i think it isn't going to happen! That tweed doesn't say anything either way or am I reading something into nothing. When I say.

It's ALL talk and nothing more... Wilson Ps agent was up where Sgt?