1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Covid 19 restrictions have done one

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by dennisboothstash, Oct 29, 2020.

1. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

The result of his PCR on the 16th is questionable. He has a God like status in Serbia he would have been given any result he needed to suit his requirements.

2. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

It's looking more and more likely that the rules are being made to persuade or bully people into getting the vaccine, rather than preventing the spread of the virus. Strange but true

3. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

As I said he’s been a bit of an entitled bell but let’s not pretend this is anything other than making an example out of him due to his views in order to gain popularity with domestic voters and federal government flexing their biceps over more marginal sections of the Australian government who wanted the worlds best player at their tournament.

TwoWrights likes this.
  4. Amin Yapusi

They could have just said no in the first place instead of waiting for him to arrive and throw a net over him to parade their catch around in public and trumpet their triumph. They might as well put him in the stocks.

TwoWrights and SW3 Chelsea Tiger like this.
  5. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

So what if they are. You or I don't get to flout rules if we don't like them or even if they're clearly wrong. Nor should he be able to. This isn't a sporting issue or even a public health one really. It's simply that Australia has strict rules to decide who can and cannot go there, and Djokovic has decided to try and force his way around them just to be awkward because he clearly doesn't like that covid vaccination rules exist and hoped that he could publicly undermine them. It's pathetic and on a social level, deeply unhelpful.

The funny thing is, the types of people who are typically obsessed with immigration and convinced that countries must close their borders to stop people coming in, are the same people most up in arms about Djokovic being denied entry to Australia.

6. Howdentiger2

Howdentiger2 Well-Known Member

Would they have known he lied/didn't have the required proof etc at that point ?

7. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

That's a very seeping statement, that you cannot possibly support with any evidence. None of your post actually addresses the point I made either.

balkan tiger likes this.
  8. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

He publicly announced ahead of going that he was going despite not being vaccinated and bragged that he would get in as he's exempt. He knew exactly what he was doing and didn't try to hide it.

balkan tiger likes this.
  9. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

Have you been to any other country except the one you flew in from in the last 14 days.... No,erm, well yes, but I had covid at the time and should have been isolating, but I am fine now... remember I am the worlds number one...
    Nah. get to ****.

10. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Have you had the appropriate number of test that show you are clear of covid, and can you provide proof? Yup, therefore I pose no risk of passing the infection to people in the Country unless I catch it here, which presumably the strict rules in place are designed to prevent.

11. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

You obviously can't gain access to a country on the basis of "presumably the spirit of the rule is X" you have to just follow the rule to the letter. We all do it every time we travel.

Gone For A Walk likes this.
  12. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I never said you could, so please don't try to reinvent my point to make your own argument. My point was it's highlighted that the rules as they stand are not fit for purpose if the aim really is to prevent covid entering the Country.

I'm assuming that as you chose not to comment, you accept that you cannot support your sweeping generalisation.

look_back_in_amber likes this.
  13. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

Hmmn. Not sure you are correct with that.
    Our immigration needs sorting; not closing the borders, but sorting finally the illegal flow, as was promised by this government.
    Of course Australia are right to send ND back, and he should face consequences in Serbia too for his earlier flouting of their rules. Another one who thinks he can do what the **** he wants.

DMD likes this.
  14. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

His covid status has nothing to do with it. He even broke the rules and it is a criminal offence to make a false declaration on a visa application. He knows exactly what he is doing. If I was him, I would leave before they arrest him and detain him again to face questions of contempt of court. He will not win this and its a long way from being over. He will be banned from going back for 3 years.

DMD likes this.
  15. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I think he's been an arse, and ill-advised, as there are clear rules, and it looks very much like there are a lot of false claims in his application, I don't dispute that. My main point is that it highlights the rules as they stand are not fit for purpose if the aim is truly to prevent infected people entering the Country, and suggests that they don't trust the strict measures they have imposed to be sufficient to protect visitors.

16. Amin Yapusi

It’s funny you mention this because Australia’s ridiculous border policies do this to thousands of people every year who don’t have the resources to battle it. They get treated like a steaming pile of turd as if they’re hardened criminals and then eventually booted out with no means for appeal and no scrutiny of the border force or its decisions. And this is them trying to show off their might that they can thwart the worlds biggest tennis player upon arrival after he had been granted a visa by lesser mortals.

DMD likes this.
  17. Amin Yapusi

That is completely false, his vaccination status was undisclosed until the court documents were released this week. It was the immigration minister who showboated in the public domain before Djokovic had even arrived that he was going to deny him entry once he got there.

look_back_in_amber and DMD like this.
  18. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

It doesn't really matter if you think the rules are poorly structured, or not, the fact is that they are rules and he attempted to fiddle his way round them.

19. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

It only doesn't matter if you're trying to avoid the conversation and point I was making.

20. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Hardly, he's been very publicly anti-vaccination, even before there were any vaccines.