1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Counting Chickens???

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by aerospacemango, Apr 13, 2011.

1. aerospacemango

A thought occurred to me, last night, as I lay in bed!

Having listened to ManUre v Chelscum, on the radio, whilst keeping the BBC updates/vidiprinter/As it stands League Table on the laptop screen. I realised that we have only got 5 games left!

5 games!

10 points CLEAR and only 5 games LEFT!

Now, suddenly, it also occurred to me that ManUre are 7 points clear at the top of the Prem, and everyone.....that's EVERYONE....is saying that "it's their's to lose", "They've got it in the bag" etc etc etc....

So, how many of you actually think that we can be caught?

Anyone? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

Thought not!

The R's are going up!

We DO have it in the bag, and nothing makes me think otherwise. (Especially the FA charges!)

2. Qpranger100

Qpranger100 Member

were already up.... looking a re mortaging the house for two season tickets next year lol

3. Doug_qpr

Doug_qpr Member

I have been a QPR fan too long
    Will not count any chickens until after the FA charges are heard

Sorry, alway nervous

4. Qpranger100

Qpranger100 Member

:( back down to earth

5. Northolt-QPR

Northolt-QPR Active Member

Yep.

6. jon434_QPR

jon434_QPR Member

wise man Doug :)
    I done a predictor and was very harsh to QPR and gave cardiff and the other challengers flattering results and we still won by a point LOL

7. QPAAAAAGH

QPAAAAAGH Well-Known Member

I want to believe, I really do. And if it were anyone other than my club there would be no doubt that it is already in the bag. Totally illogical to think otherwise, right?

And yet just as Aerospace is enjoying his dream there's a little imp whispering in my ear that all 5 of the remaining fixtures are eminantly loseable.
    Derby - great result for them last night and looking to seal safety
    Cardiff - need I say more, the bogeyist of bogey teams
    Hull - on a good run and an outsiode chance of a play-off spot
    Watford - one of only two teams to comprehensively outplay us this season plus the derby game effect
    Leeds - the other team to have outplayed us of course, I have nothing but trepidation about this one.

So, now that's off my chest, I confidently predict a draw between Norwich and Forest on Friday night and a cruise control win over Derby on Monday. Job done! Back to sleep now... what's that you say about the FA hearing...

8. Alan QPR Fuller

There is only 1 person who thinks we can be caught and that Steve claridge lol.

9. The Billionth QPR Fan

The Billionth QPR Fan Well-Known Member

I'm keeping my feet on the ground.

p.s: Northolt, where have your two friends gone

10. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

as much as i don't want to say it, nothing will stop us going up the team & management are to up for it now to blow it, there again we might not have others teams can do it for us.

11. peter1954qpr

peter1954qpr Well-Known Member

I remember saying its in the bag after bearing Liverpool in 86 milk cup semi final and look what happened then, my 16 year old is already planning away trips for next year but i cant i just cant Forgive me

12. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

I wouldn' surprise me if the FA had already decided our punishment. BUT by having the "trail" on 3rd MAy, if we end up for example being deducted 30 points (or a sizeable amount that would affect final finishing position) - QPR would appeal and thus screw up all the play-off games. Whilst I admit I know Jack ****, I doubt very much whether the FA can afford to have a lenghtly and expensive court case against sme very rich people. I am not counting me chickens but feel in my heart of heart that we are close to returning to the premiership.

and Peter.......I am still waiting for the real QPR to turn up in that game above

13. Qpranger100

Qpranger100 Member

have to agree Ninj do you know any pubs that stream championship games in dorset desprete to watch the watford game next week

14. BrixtonR

BrixtonR Well-Known Member

We certainly cannot afford to count our chickens...

A point against the remaining five would underline our achievements this season but we'd need the full fifteen to make us fairly FA-proof.

Problem is, the team is hardly convincing at the moment. Despite the presence of Smith, Routeledge and now Taarby and HH, very little in terms of cutting edge going forward at Scunthorpe and Barnsley - and the defence is well shakey. We are going to need a lot more confidence and imagination to take out the remaining opponents (see QPAAAAAGH's realistic assessment above) especially if things start going against us.

It doesn't help seeing the obvious impotents, Dave and Hulse in the reckoning in preference to Miller and Buz and I worry that we rarely have more than one defensive option on the bench.

I have to face it if many on this board don't, we've still got a substantial mountain to get over before we realise what should have pretty much been in the bag already.

Take my advice, put your gloves on to protect your finger nails - unless the team consolidates its authority on the pitch - and soon - we're in for a series of rough rides over the coming weeks.

15. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

QPranger - The Walkabout Christchurch Rd in Bournemouth is where I head to. Is that near you? (oh and there is parking 5 mins away)

16. aerospacemango

Sorry Brixton...but I seriously cannot see the FA doing a points deduction on 6th May. There would be an immediate appeal, and a long court case. The facts of the case are well know....

Alejandro was signed on 7th July 2009 (or somewhere close to that), and because the FL had NOTHING in place about 3rd party owners, the transfer was ratified. One month later, they decide to bring the rule in, and backdate it to 4th July (or thereabouts).

This is not a problem CAUSED by us. Therefore, they will not take points.

The other charges, and specifically the ones that are aimed at Gianni, will in all probability result in a large fine, and GP being discounted from holding any position in football IF WE ARE FOUND GUILTY!

Therefore, when the bookmakers give up on taking bets, you can be sure that we're going to be ok!

The R's ARE going up!

17. Qpranger100

Qpranger100 Member

Nope ill be in bridport do they show the games?

18. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

found this on the tinternet:

Address: Beach Road, Burton Bradstock, Bridport, Dorset, DT6 4RF, Rating: ... TV , Sky TV. big screen, jukebox, live music, karaoke. quiz night ... it's quite possible we don't yet have details of the pub you want. if you can't find it on ...
    www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/results.shtml/.../Dorset/ - Cached - Similar

hope its useful

19. Qpranger100

Qpranger100 Member

thanks mate....have a rep point

20. Qpranger100

Qpranger100 Member

Change of plans can get thier do they defo show 3pm saturday games?