Off Topic Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Ron, Mar 3, 2020.

1. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Still no sign of any page references...

Do tell me the time limit on this legislation, or have you not got to that page yet?

The government website states that a doctor will be able to sign a death certificate without notifying the coroner. Having been researching the family tree, I have dozens of death certificates from 1837 to 1994 that only have one doctor’s signature.

It does not state that deaths do not need autopsies: it states that autopsies may be carried out without a jury.

Totally different to your far Left view of a totalitarian regime that is not headed by a Marxist. That would be a proper banana republic, assuming that they could arrange imports of bananas from Venezuela.

2. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Given that SARS and Covid-19 are both variants on the same thing (Coronavirus) and they have been looking for a vaccine for SARS for fifteen years, as I said, I would not hold my breath.

They will make all the right noises but in six months it will be on the back-burner as a research project next to SARS. The blame game will be the only show in town in the political arena.

3. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Hoist on your own petard. How many holidays do they get in Switzerland and the USA? So the original assertion that we get fewer holidays than any country in the world was wrong, as I stated. No surprise really since I knew the stone-cold FACT that there is no paid holiday entitlement at all in the USA. Go and dig up a chart for Argentina (14+11=25), Canada (10+6=16), China (5+11=16), Malaysia (8+11=19) or Singapore (7+11=18). You need to move to Luxembourg if you want holidays: a public sector worker gets 32 days plus 11 public holidays. Or try Iran: 27 public holidays as well as 26 days leave.

Also, this chart is wrong. The UK minimum holiday entitlement is 28 days, which CAN include public holidays (of which there are eight) but usually does not. The EU minimum holiday entitlement under the 1993 Working Time Directive is 20 days (the actual text of Article 7 states ‘every worker is entitled to paid annual leave of at least four weeks’). If all those European countries pay their workers for all those public holidays (even at weekends), it is no wonder Spanish unemployment is so high because they are never at work.

Since you are clearly clueless, the GDPR legislation comes direct from the Brussels Politburo. If we want rid of it next year all we have to do is repeal it. I deal in facts not your left wing fantasies.

Are all the people you life coach hanging on your factual inaccuracies like the ones about a Corbyn government by Christmas? They will only get 15 days holiday when we adopt Venezuelan policies – and they will use all of those queuing for food.

4. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

Jesus , this lockdown means more of your myopic right wing drivel , can’t you self isolate for 12 weeks ?

5. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

National Insurance in the UK is 12 per cent for employees and 13.8 per cent for employers, although the threshold before anything is paid is £719 a month. For employees the rate drops to 2 per cent on earnings above £4,167 a month.

Somebody will be along in a minute to grumble that this includes pensions but that is nonsense because there is no hypothecation in the British tax system. A lot of the money funding pensions and health comes from general taxation. Rudey will want income tax put up to 49 per cent and N.I. put up to 49 per cent for anyone that is not a far Left joiner.

If Germany has a hypothecated State Health insurance then at least they know exactly how much money is available for healthcare. Does this include social care, which is going to be the biggest growing expense going forward? Eventually this will stop being a political football in the UK because it will dwarf health spending as we all live longer and most of the bed blockers are old. What is needed is a public consultation because Parliament will never agree anything – look at the dog’s dinner they made of Brexit.

6. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Depending on who you wish to get your information from, Professor Karol Sikora states that, according to a study by Imperial College, the death toll from Coronavirus could be less than 7,000. That would be less than seasonal flu and the peak could be just a week away. The Imperial College study actually projects 5,700 deaths and 7,100 as a worst case scenario.

At this juncture, I should point out that Sikora in an oncologist not a virologist; and the Imperial College study was a statistical analysis that projects 46,000 deaths in Spain and 28,000 each in Italy and the USA. The study’s key assumption is that all countries have lockdowns similar to China. Sceptics like me can see the USA figure being way out because The Donald will end the lockdown too early and the 41,000 worst case scenario might be nearer the mark.

7. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

If I recall, the last all-singing all-dancing NHS computer system cost something in the order of £2bn and half of it does not work properly. Given the government record generally when it comes to major IT projects, I think you are probably in the realms of the unachievable.

Upload all the current patient data records into ‘the cloud’ so that they can be accessed from anywhere. It sounds quite a bit like what they are trying to do at the moment with records. I signed up with my GP for the ability to access my patient records online, not just so that I could see them but so that, when necessary, other clinicians could access them as well. They did not say how old I would need to be before this facility was actually available as I cannot find it on the GP’s NHS-contained website.

8. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Just remind us just when was “day 1”? Get on the hotline to President Xi and you can let us all know. You still are a left wing leaning nutter. You hate it when somebody comes along with some actual FACTS because they are the biggest enemy of the Left, trying to use a time of national crisis for political capital.

You really need the death rate to start rocketing because we are no way near the hundreds of thousands that idiots like you and dubious sources like Richard Horton are predicting. In the film, who is playing you? Steve McQueen or Paul Newman? More like Homer Simpson.

smokethedeadbadger likes this.
  9. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Strange that you should mention that carpenter, subject of lots of fantasies where he did more tricks that Paul Daniels but never thought of sawing Debbie McGee in half.

Perhaps you could self isolate until at least Easter if we can find you a cave in Wales and roll a stone in front of the entrance.

For myopic right wing drivel, I can read facts. Some left wing idiot posted something that is factually inaccurate and I corrected it.

10. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

<laugh> I see what went wrong there, I misread the initial post and failed to check who posted it. CaptainPoops is an idiot, of course the UK doesn't have the lowest amount of paid holidays in the world. It does in the EU though, which I initially thought he wrote.

I apologise for that.

You clearly have no idea...

GDPR is a good thing, forcing companies to treat customer data seriously needed to happen a long time ago. Any UK company wishing to provide services in the EU will have to conform, so may as well make it across the board. I run IT departments and I've been shocked when starting at new companies how slack they are with very confidential information.

I never said Corbyn would win. I said I wanted Corbyn to win. This Government consists of rejects, idiots and crooks, they're all either evil or stupid, in Patel's case both.

You finally starting to admit Covid-19 is serious now? You seemed very confident it was nothing to worry about a few weeks ago?

rudebwoy likes this.

11. LG

LG Well-Known Member

I think we have about 2 weeks of growing numbers of dead doubling every 3 days. Let’s say Wednesday gives us 500 deaths, Thursday and Friday give another 500 each and then this time next week gives us 1,000 in a single day. It won’t take long to add up.

12. stick

stick Bumper King

I sincerely hope you are wrong. It will mean a massive cull of elderly people.

13. LG

LG Well-Known Member

Just looking at the linear graphs of infections / deaths that’s currently what the math is telling me

14. stick

stick Bumper King

If UK death toll is kept below 20,000, "we will have done very well" - NHS England medical director Prof Stephen Powis

15. LG

LG Well-Known Member

Yes I think we will have done.

16. LG

LG Well-Known Member

This is the problem with exponential growth. There’s an old story where a king offers a subject half his kingdom and the subject suggests instead that the king put a single grain of rice on his chessboard first square and then double it on the next square each day until the board is full. On the 64th square of the chessboard alone there would need to be 9,223,372,036,854,775,808 grains of rice, more than two billion times as much as on the whole of the first half of the board.

The numbers are currently low and unexciting and compare well against flu deaths annually. I don’t think this will last.

17. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

I work for a company that has no dealings outside of the UK, so it is hardly surprising that they have adopted an attitude of not wasting loads of money implementing something that they might be exempt from in twelve months time. If you saw the hassle I have to go through to get a single port opened on a single firewall, you might agree with me that our data is pretty safe without GDPR.

You will have to go and point out to me where I claimed there was nothing to worry about “a few weeks ago”. This thread only started 25 days ago so that does not give you many posts to check. Just to help you out, I have posted on this thread 77 times prior to this post. I went and had a look back at a few of them and quite a lot seem to be facts or corrections of things that are not facts.

18. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

It's still a long long way off catching up to flu deaths. And also a long way behind Swine flu. I'm not saying that it won't get there but we aren't even close at the moment. Hopefully with all this lockdown **** it won't get to those numbers. I know the fragile one will probably come back with the mortality rate etc... But hopefully the end number of deaths won't hit those figures.

Chaninbar likes this.
  19. LG

LG Well-Known Member

I think with Swine Flu the rate was doubling every 15 days and lasted more than a year so I hope I’m wrong but I think this one will knock it out of the park.

Chaninbar likes this.
  20. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

It probably will. But we're a long way off. Also I suspect with this and it was the same with Swine flu, is that deaths will be attributed to it that aren't necessarily because of it. The Swine Flu death total was something as broad as between 100,000 and 600,000 worldwide or something like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 0)

1. Joe_z
  2. Steveo
  3. mallafets123