Off Topic Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Ron, Mar 3, 2020.

1. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

cradle to the grave .........you want american style health , well you’ll need deep pockets and hope you haven’t a bad illness

2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I found that amusing smokey

3. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Not sure this can be classed as “10 years of Tory austerity” in anyone’s book:

CBEFE329-5266-4950-A252-5E8A9A2FCAC5.jpeg

Dancingbraveforever likes this.
  4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

There must be a market for some smart opportunist to offer a service to maximise and expedite the amount of benefit from the Government in this situation. I would imagine that plenty of employers will be clueless and employees will be suffering

5. LG

LG Well-Known Member

I’m sure they will be coming round the mountain

Ron likes this.
  6. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

I can't work out if you're taking the piss here

7. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

Lots of other factors in play, like an increasing and ageing population, inflation, expensive new drug treatments (we've sold off most of our pharmaceuticals) and money wasted on 'reforming' (thanks Jeremy 'H'unt) and consultants/private healthcare companies.

The Tories have underfunded the NHS, removed bursaries for training new staff and generally overworked/broken most of the existing staff. They even applauded when they denied nurses pay rises ffs.

How's the Kool Aid?

8. floridaspearl

floridaspearl Well-Known Member

Just give everyone an iPad done.

9. floridaspearl

floridaspearl Well-Known Member

I think local authorities are responsible for elderly care nothing to do with the nhs. The reason hospitals are full of old people is because most of those their have had a fall or something and can’t cope at home local authorities don’t have enough provision to take them on so have to go private.

10. LG

LG Well-Known Member

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but I’m hearing it more and more - if you go through a period where you have lost your sense of smell (and taste) for no obvious reason it is highly possible to be a symptom of Coronavirus

11. OddDog

Staff Member

I'm just trying to get some facts on the table. Nothing wrong with that.

It IS possible to have a reasoned debate on this without just saying "ooooh its those evil Tories" - you seem to be the one on Kool Aid.

Some very interesting points made in this article - it even agrees with my idea of increasing NI contributions.

Oh and please don't blame the Tories for the ageing population <laugh>

12. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

You used that graph to try to prove a point. That point was wrong.

If the Tories weren't utter ****s then I wouldn't call them utter ****s, it's that simple <ok>

13. OddDog

Staff Member

Jesus - pot, kettle, black. The graph, and the article, shows that more money than ever before is being ploughed into the health service, hence the claims of Tory austerity relating to the health service are plainly wrong. FACT. I'll make it easy for you - austerity would mean the line going down, not up.

I don*t deny any number of them are ****s, on both sides of the party divide - I've said before, the state of politics and the media today opens the door for ****s in politics and shuts it for decent people who really want to change things for the better - it is an utter jungle. The fact that Johnson and the Tory party are in power says an awful lot more about the Labour Party than it does about the Conservatives. The Tories have no opposition. The Labour Party have let down huge swathes of their most loyal supporters who have simply turned their back on them. More damaging, the fine principles upon which the Labour Party were founded have been dragged through the mud by the current bunch. It will be a very, very long time before the party can even dream of political power again.

LG likes this.
  14. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No smokey, I just thought it was amusing

"This thread has become very politicised and there are a few pushing their own agendas."

"Tories have decimated the NHS over the last 10 years, as they have done with a lot of public services "

"but re hashing it over and over on here serves very little purpose in my opinion."

Sorry, my sense of humour

15. CaptainPops

CaptainPops Well-Known Member

The NHS going more electronic and storing records online would be a massive challenge. Lots to consider. For one GDPR (we have the EU to thank for that) and consent for access to these records. Who would have that access? What if someone came in to hospital and went in to a coma?

What happens if someone else's records get mixed up with your family members and someone decides to screen shot it, print it etc and go off to the press? Wow some people really could have a field day!

The NHS is starting to make some progress though in this regard (very slow). If you saw some of the records management storage facilities at some of the Bristol hospital sites you would be amazed. The storage department of records under St Michael's Hospital in Bristol is massive.

Not an easy problem to solve which is putting it lightly..

16. Reebok

Reebok Well-Known Member

Not all the time :)

Ron and LG like this.
  17. smokethedeadbadger

Sorry should have put inverted commas with the Tories thing. Realised it makes it look like my political agenda. Not what I meant, I was repeating what's been said on here by others.

Ron likes this.
  18. smokethedeadbadger

NHS community health care. Give in house assistance and help at care homes. Pile of **** needs a complete overhaul

stick likes this.
  19. Steveo

Steveo Well-Known Member

Your posts really are embarrassing.
    More than happy for you to keep republishing mine though - I have been consistently accurate with my predictions from day 1.
    I might have expected you to be a little more humble by now, obviously I am wrong on that though.

20. stick

stick Bumper King

I was born to a very working class couple who were determined to do better. The scrimped and saved and managed to get out of council accomodation mortgaging themselves to the max. Never spent a single day unemployed, paid into their pension schemes etc.
    They are/were massively proud of the fact that they had managed with no assistance whatsoever to finally own a house that was mortgage free. Their whole lives have been led pretty frugally in order for them to be able to leave an albeit modest legacy behind.
    If I tell them now that we are going to have to sell their house to pay for them to be in a half decent care home it would be a disaster to them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)

1. mallafets123