1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Coronavirus - 606 tales from the Inquiry

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by lardiman, Feb 25, 2020.

1. lardiman

lardiman The truth is out there
    Forum Moderator

Even the BBC has begun being economical with the truth over vaccinations.

It has not escaped my notice that they have begun to just announce the (impressive sounding) totals for first & second vaccinations.
    X millions, Y millions...

What they have stopped doing is telling us how many first & second jabs have been given in the last 24 hours.
    Why?

Could it be because the daily numbers of vaccinations are dropping off a cliff?

We are not being told the whole truth.

Ubedizzy likes this.
  2. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The Elfsborg Sparrow Well-Known Member

10% of the population not had the vaccine is a figure I have heard. Of course the Government are not wanting to release bad news BUT they are not open in announcing this figure. I fear it could be disturbing.

3. Ubedizzy

Ubedizzy Well-Known Member

It was announced yesterday I think, that every adult in the UK has now been offered a vaccination. There’s no shortage of vaccines, so I believe the drop off is just due to everyone left just not wanting to be vaccinated. I think numbers of vaccinated will creep up from now on but there will be a hard core that continue to refuse it. Many vaccination centres will be shutting down due to lack of demand in the coming weeks.

I believe it’s people’s personal choice, so I have no problem with anyone that chooses not to have it, but they must accept any consequences of that choice.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
  4. lardiman

Forum Moderator

The lower the proportion of the population who are vaccinated, the less protection it gives even to people who have had it.

90% vaccinated? Pretty good. Virus should decline as it can't find enough hosts to breed and multiply in.

80% baccinated? Not so good. Still enough incubators out there for virus breeding and new variants. Some vaccinated folk will get it.

70% vaccinated? Poorer still. Probably enough hosts for the infection rate to carry on rising.

60% vaccinated? We almost might as well not have bothered.

As far as I know the percentage of the population that has had both jabs is around 70% nationally.
    But only about 55% in London.

Unless that percentage rises fast we are screwed here.

The Elfsborg Sparrow likes this.
  5. lardiman

Forum Moderator

Causing Death by Internet Deception should be made an offence as serious as manslaughter.
    The anti-vacc liars should go to prison for a long time.

6. The Penguin

The Penguin Well-Known Member

They're brainwashed. Scary.

7. lardiman

Forum Moderator

Curious...

There has been no BBC London regional news today on TV.
    Instead we got BBC South East instead.

I wonder if that's because the London newsroom is suffering a lack of staff due to the pingdemic.

Ubedizzy likes this.
  8. Ubedizzy

Ubedizzy Well-Known Member

Long may it continue. I loved it during the first lockdown when the lunchtime news was South East instead of London for us.

Hearing stories about the struggles of independent brewers in Kent or hearing stories of Sadiq Khan whinging about how unfair everything is to poor put upon London 'communities'.

I know what I'd rather hear.

9. lardiman

Forum Moderator

:emoticon-0157-sun: Happy Freedom Day everyone <cracker>

Once more unto the breach, dear friends <hug>

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
  10. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The Elfsborg Sparrow Well-Known Member

Surprisingly enough, people are wearing their face coverings.
    My concerns yesterday have been proved wrong....atm.

11. The Penguin

Boris is under fire from his usual allies in the press, especially the pro-Brexit campaigners. Could this be a turning point in his leadership? He was elected as leader because he was identified as the one who would push through Brexit, but Covid has taken over as the main issue of the day. He can no longer answer every question by referring to the vaccine rollout, and the Party may be preparing to find a more competent leader. I hope so.

12. The Penguin

My brother-in-law and his wife were at Silverstone for the GP yesterday. Although when he bought tickets he was asked if he was jabbed (they are), when they went in there were absolutely no checks at all. Zero. And that was before Freedom Day.

13. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

They'll have to look outside the cabinet. The rubbish Boris has dragged into his inner circle is a sad inditerment of how awful this government are. I'm sure there are decent Tory MP's, but they seem to have been silenced by the unprincipled elite of Johnson's friends. But I imagine they'll look for another in his mould. Like Karel Fraeye at Charlton, Michael Gove may feel the bell is finally ringing for him.

14. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

18,000 had the first jab yesterday, an incredibly low figure. It seems that almost everyone who wants the jab has been vaccinated. And at last we have the figure, 60%, of those who are hospitalised are unvacced.

15. lardiman

Forum Moderator

Yes, The vaccination programme has just about ground to a halt.

It looked good for a while and it was a nice try.
    But it seems mass stupidity and fear will kill thousands more people.

Not just unvaccinated folk either.
    Every one of us is at higher risk if the vaccination programme is never completed.

I see the Rat Cummings has bitten Boris right in the knackers.
    The bumbling charmer has now had a rather nastier side exposed, in a way that cannot just be explained away.
    And Johnson had to be STOPPED from going to see the Queen in person! He could have accidentally killed her... Doh!<doh>
    The man is a walking timebomb.

Javid - Sunak - Patel

That's the dream ticket <ok>
    We might get our Trade Deal after all on the Subcontinent as well :emoticon-0165-muscl:emoticon-0164-cash:

16. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

Usual state of affairs here in Spain. Vaccination wise we are pushing ahead and closing the numbers with the UK. However, the early rule relaxation lead a lot of the young people to go out on the town, and the good weather has increased that, so infections have spiked. So we are now back to a curfew at night, masks will be compulsory out doors from the weekend. Sadly, people seem to feel that provided other people obey the rules, they can personaly do what they like, and the result is the human race simply can't be treated like adults about anything serious. We are reaching the top of the spike in infections according to the news, but that as a fifth wave of infections here - really nothing to be proud of. All we need is a dodgy advisor th the Spanish PM to tell us he didn't care how many old people died and we have matched the UK in most areas of covidiocy. Sad times.

lardiman likes this.
  17. lardiman

Forum Moderator

Vaccine passports.
    Sound quite reasonable don't they.

Except that they are not 'passports'. They are ID cards.
    The first step in a national Identity Card system.

Today it's night clubs and airports.
    A few years from now, when you interact with social services or the NHS or the Police, the first thing they'll ask you for are your papers.
    Welcome to the new normal. It's 1984.

18. The Penguin

TBF Boris does rather a good job of concealing this side of his character from the electorate.

19. lardiman

Forum Moderator

I accept the cold logic of not sacrificing the economy if most of the fatalities are not among those contributing directly to it in the form of tax & national insurance.
    Which does not mean not bothering to protect them - just not sacrificing the economy to provide effective protection, when there should be alternatives.

But there are better ways of saying it.
    That poor woman still trapped in Iran is paying the price for Boris' bungling his lines.

20. The Penguin

How important are facts anyway in today's political debate? I'd say not very.