1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Cooper

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by 8past7, Dec 26, 2019.

1. 8past7

8past7 Well-Known Member

Has to go

is out of his depth

The Potter factor has worn off now. Completely outplayed today by Brentford, we‘re only as high as we are because the championship standard is pants. Thank god we didn’t draw a decent team in the FA cup to hammer us

2. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

There is an argument that our good start to the season was founded on the work that Potter did in the second half of last season and that has now started to unravel - albeit with Ayew’s efforts helping to delay the inevitable decline / drop to the lower half of the table .......

Cooper’s loyalty to Grimes and Byers could be his undoing .......

3. TheRealBubbles

TheRealBubbles Well-Known Member

Until we get the warning statement “Cooper has the full support of the players and the board” then he remains in favour. I’m inclined to give him the window and implementation to end of Feb and see where we stand. When we get a result vs Barnsley on Sunday that should mute the likes of fickle @8past7.
    If Trev, Al & Leo are holding their nerve then so should we. IMO. #COYJBs

4. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

It really depends on what targets they set him when he was appointed - if for this season it was retain Championship status, then he will/should achieve that.

Then build a young team (on the cheap) to challenge over the next season or two whilst Birch seeks a Buyer for the Club.....

5. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Does anyone really think we would survive in the PL with this squad ? for me its all about holding our own as best we can with a handful of kids and a cheap inexperinced manager . the only winners should we get promoted will be the yanks , the Club will still be an income stream to them (albeit at a reduced rate) Any anger should be directed at them and the sellouts something which seems to have been forgotten

swanee, Victor, daimungeezer and 3 others like this.
  6. TheRealBubbles

He [SC] can only work with what he’s inherited or been loaned. Given that, and our above mid-table position it’s little surprise the board are holding firm. I can’t see any money or intent from the owners to stump up the cash for permanent signings in Jan, so it’ll be a major coup if we hold on to the likes of Andre & others. If he stays and keeps putting in a shift (and not getting injured) then keeping him in Jan would be as good as acquiring a decent lower 3rd PL player.

7. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

I posted before so sorry for repeating......you employ a schoolboy coach you get schoolboy football!!

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  8. TheRealBubbles

No apologies necessary, if we all held similar opinions it would be a very boring forum.

Victor and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  9. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

you forgot school boy players

10. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Don’t say that, Dai will say he was right!! :) I do agree though. It does beget how crap the division is, if were this high with the form we’re in. Better quality manager and we would be competing with the likes of West Brom.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.

11. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Yes,sorry.
    But in my OP I did state...."You pay peanuts you get monkeys"