1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Congratulations Arsenal and Wenger

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by PINKIE, May 27, 2017.

1. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

For winning a record 13th FA cup and for Wenger for winning it 7 times.

No matter what your view of Wenger, the guy deserves congratulating for this achievement.

please log in to view this image

2. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

A new 5 year contract with 10m pa salary.

3. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Three trophies in four years for Wenger.

The only cup you Spuds have got is the one you're drinking your bitter from <ale>

4. The RDBD

Indeed.
    So on that basis Wenger has more than earned the right to
    have what I stated.

5. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

He'll get a 2 year contract.

Very humble of you to recognise his achievements. Shame you Spuds won **** all again :)

6. The RDBD

Far less than he deserves.

7. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Like I say, very good of you to recognise his achievements, especially given that you've had to sit and watch Spurs win **** all.

8. enigma

enigma Well-Known Member

Wenger has had the worst year of his managerial career and still won more that spurs <laugh>

gooner4ever, lazarus20000 and PINKIE like this.
  9. BuzzardFoxMick

BuzzardFoxMick Well-Known Member

So chuffed for Mr Wenger and his team..... what an achievement !
    We've been in the final four times and failed..... four times :angry:<wah>

PINKIE likes this.
  10. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

According to some (HBIC) Spurs will be remembered in the same way as other good teams that never won anything (under achieved) like Holland and Brazil <ok>

11. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

<laugh> Please tell me you're making that up !

12. SpursOldboy

SpursOldboy Active Member

Fair play gooners, you deserved that. Well played and congrats. Possibly the strangest football match I've ever watched in terms of emotions (unless you count wanting your own country to lose to Iceland because Roy Hodgson is such a useless ****). Arsenal score... **** that! Chelsea score... **** that! **** them all! Moses though... looooooooooooool.

Truthfully though, and I've had stick from fellow Spurs fans for this view before, I'd rather see you win than Chelsea. Or ManC. Simply because because your success doesn't come as part of being a rich man's plaything, it was earned by good and astute decisions taken by the club directors and management in the past. Shame Dien is no longer there huh? And I don't think the current management is quite so astute these days either, but I'm quite happy to see him there for another two years :)

Truth be told, this season has been no different from the last 5+ years for you guys. You've had exactly the same unbeaten end of season charge as usual (barring the NLD) and 75 points would have gotten you top 4 in nearly any other year. Trouble is, where does it go from here? If Sanchez leaves surely you are in big trouble. That guy is one of the few truly world-class players in this league, and past him, and maybe Ozil when he can be bothered, it's hard to believe Wenger when he says your current squad can win the league if they stick together. I think this summer transfer window is going to make or break you for next season and possibly much longer, and I don't think the combination of Wenger and no CL is going to get you what you need... or at least that's what I'm hoping... along with us not crashing and burning at Wembley...

Anyways. Kind of weird when you can say you've had a good day and Arsenal won the cup in the same breath. Strange days indeed. Enjoy your bank holiday!

13. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Nope, it is very true <ok> :emoticon-0100-smile

14. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Cheers fella. <ok> and I noticed many of your fellow Spurs fans rooting for Chelsea, and then denying it after we won the cup.

15. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

<laugh> and they wonder why we call them deluded ?

16. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Two good seasons has put many of them well into scouser territory and some beyond it :grin:

17. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Post up some of the best quotes here <ok>

18. SpursOldboy

SpursOldboy Active Member

Eh, it goes two ways. Rivalry or hate. If you'd been playing any other team today (except ManC) ofc I'd have been rooting for them. And some people don't mind the sugar daddy way of doing things, plenty of Spurs fans want us to be bought out by a benefactor with the largesse of Chelsea or ManC's owners. It just doesn't feel right to me is all. I'm proud of the team and stadium we're building over a period of time, lots of wrong turns on the way sure, and no trophys yet, but I'd rsther do it this way. So if you're trying to get me to condemn fellow Spurs fans then no, sorry Piskie, I know your ways. I don't post often but I do lurk. Just take your well earned victory and leave off the WUM crap ok? :)

19. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

No wumming from me fella, just pointing out as you have, that the majority of your fans were rooting for Chelsea today. I just thought it was funny seeing them backtracking earlier :) And totally agree with you about the sugar daddy approach, Chelsea and City have basically bought their titles whereas Arsenal and Spurs have approached it the right way and lived within their means, even though you haven't won anything. Anyway, good of you to recognise Arsenal's achievement today, so thanks for that <ok>

20. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

PINKIE likes this.