1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Collectibles Guilty Pleasures

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ristac, Aug 10, 2018.

1. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just wonder if it’s a bloke or age thing but I find myself going through stages of wanting to collect stuff. Much of it I get bored with, some I keep before moving on to the next fad.

My first ever collection as a kid was Leeds United football programmes and memorabilia, still got it all in large box in the loft, football cards and stamps, those have long since vanished.

Years ago I started collecting some one ounce silver coins, Silver Dollar, Mexican Libertad, that kind of stuff, I’ve kept that small collection.

Just a few years back I went into a customers home, the music sounded fantastic, I assumed an expensive stereo system, no it was an old 60s/70s Jukebox, I’d forgot how great Vinyl sounded so I managed to save up, source myself a Jukebox and then my collecting habit was old 75 singles, still got them all.

Guilty pleasure was when my adult stepson introduced me to Lego believe it or not. I couldn’t believe how far it had advanced since I was a kid. I will be honest, I used to suffer a bit of mild anxiety, I found sitting down and building a giant Star Wars X Wing a great way of “switching off”. Most of the sets are large, many cost well in excess of £200 so that hobby was short lived and sold off.

Now I find myself wanting to get a retro games console and a few games and I wondered who else has an interesting collection that is not shall we say, in the bracket of X Rated ;)

2. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

I mentioned recently at home, while checking out Airfix and Hornby stuff on the net, that I used to collect the Airfix stuff as a young lad. One of my daughters surprised me with a couple of kits for Fathers day. Great collecting building them but theyre a lot fiddlier than they used to be and my hands are a lot bigger

ristac likes this.
  3. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Elland used to collect STDs <laugh>

Whitejock, The-Don and ristac like this.
  4. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Thought the idea of collecting was to keep what you’d found not share it ;)

Irishshako likes this.
  5. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

<laugh><yikes>