1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Colin's fine for incompetent match officials

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Ninj, May 1, 2019.

1. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

Just wondering your opinion

Colin gets a £20k fine for criticizing the match officials when Cardiff lost 2-1 against Chelsea when there was a goal given that clearly off side.

Rather than fine the manager of the team that is penalised, which could cost employees of Cardiff City their jobs, should the "Powers that be" spend more time ensuring that their employees are competent to officiate a football match?

2. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

I’m assuming the rules are clear and managers, players & other staff sign up to them through some sort of FA membership-type thingy?

Didley Squat and kiwiqpr like this.
  3. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

I was inferring that maybe the FA employ competent officials that can sport when someone is offside by some considerable distance rather than fine a manager who is pointing what everyone...sorry nearly everyone else can see

Uber_Hoop and WalsallHoop like this.
  4. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

Well now that we have VAR and for donkeys years we have had 4th officials who do , well I'm not sure anyone really knows what they do, we can only hope that it's just a matter of time before they get told to shut loudly "STOP THE PLAY AND LOOK AT THE VIDEO YOU TOSSER! HOW THE F.... DID YOU GET THAT SO WRONG?" into the earpiece every time an incident like that happens.

Uber_Hoop, Didley Squat, Ninj and 2 others like this.