1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Club Wembley tickets - free

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by philhul, Apr 1, 2014.

1. philhul

philhul Well-Known Member

At the weekend I won a competition on the QPR board where one of their fans very kindly offered his Club Wembley tickets for the FA Cup semi final games and the CCC playoffs. I was fortunate and won the event and obviously selected our match. Here is my dilemma...I have already purchased tickets for my son and myself with a group of friends...so do I swop?

I have decided that I will give the 2 Wembley Club tickets to a deserving fan therefore please post why I should give the tickets for these great seats to you. I will close this on Friday evening latest unless I get a really good proposal.

PS. Although it is April 1st this is not a wind up !

2. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think I should get them because I can ban you and stop you winning the Prediction League if I don't. ;)

Seriously though, nice offer. Hope you don't mind me sticking it on my facebook page as well.

3. philhul

No problem....

4. rovertiger

rovertiger Well-Known Member

Nice gesture Phil. I was in Club Wembley for our playoff final, unlimited drink and food and great view in the stadium. Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to afford the travel so I won't be entering.

Nice one Phil <cheers>

5. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I've tweeted it too, lets see if we can get some creative reasons for deserving them.

Nice one Phil. <ok>

6. philhul

Excellent...thanks

7. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Free drink ? Give em to me Phil, I'll get full value out of em.

8. Quill

Quill Bastard

Imagine Brady getting his hands on these tickets...

9. RicardoHCAFC

Forum Moderator

I know of a minibus from Hull for £31 if you can stretch that far out your pension and enter? :p

For the serious request on my behalf, I'd just like 1 of the 2 tickets.

The only reason I'm not going already is that as a student with a mortgage and bills to pay I can't afford 2 trips to Wembley (at about £300 each all in) on top of my season ticket and 500 mile round trips for home games so I had to prioritise being able to go to the Final. 1) because of the significance of the game with the as yet undecided name change, and 2) with Swansea, Sheff U, and then Arsenal it'd be 3 weekends in a row to pay for, which is a bit much in that space of time.

I could go for more of a sob story, but I don't want to look like I'm auditioning for X-Factor and be in competition with someone who's got real hardship to face. As I said on the QPR thread about the Playoff Tickets though, if there's an exile coming over I'd rather they got it. Or in our case people who missed out on Wembley last time and still can't afford it either time now. I saw us there last time so I don't mind not seeing it this time if it means someone else gets to see us there for the first time, and if we get through to the Final it's only going to be an appalling way of allocating the tickets that stops me seeing us again so I can take that chance where exiles can't.

Small point for Phil, that minibus place I mentioned to rover is part of my being able to go, so if he enters for the other ticket it doesn't for the two of us unless someone else has transport on offer. As it's Easter holidays I've no uni so I'm doing a straight to Hull for the Arsenal game rather than home after the semi if I get there.

10. RicardoHCAFC

Forum Moderator

I've just read my last 2 paragraphs back, and I think what I've just gone and done is said that if rover enters and can cover the cost of the minibus that I told him about he should get the ticket in my place. Talk about torpedoing my own chances. <laugh>

11. renegadetiger

renegadetiger Well-Known Member

I'd like them because I was born without a face.

12. FILEYseadog

FILEYseadog Well-Known Member

Great. Stuff Phil.

Don't need them myself.

Ricardo sounds like he could do with one plus with him being such a good mod maybe he deserves one for all the good work he does on here .

13. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Great gesture <ok>

14. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

I'd like them to give them to my mother and father. They both attended many-a-matches back at Boothferry Park in their younger days but stopped going after having us. They took me to my first match with my Granddad too against Southend when we won 4-0. As a surprise, they paid for me and my Granddad to attend the Play-Off Final in what turned out to be my Granddad's final game watching City (not trying to start a sob story here!!). It was the best footballing day of our lives and in return I think it would be brilliant for me to be able to send them to Wembley for this semi-final and return the favour.

That's about it really.

But good luck to whoever does receive them. Nice idea Phil.

15. Liam Roseniors Hair Stylist

I have PM'd you philhul, didnt know if you wanted it on here or personally! Hope thats okay! Terrific gesture too!

16. Barmbys_Tan

Barmbys_Tan Well-Known Member

These are the times you wish you could think up some heartwarming stories to win things.

Does the fact i'm a poor student count? I'm that far into my overdraft i can't even afford a mcdonalds, never mind city tickets :shocked:

17. rovertiger

Thanks mate :1980_boogie_down:

I think <whistle>

18. HCAFCHangout

HCAFCHangout Well-Known Member

I would like them to give to my grandad who's been a city supporter all his life, due to dodgy knees and back he can't attend many games and I think club wembley would be his only chance of attending this game. Nice gesture all the same mate, hope it goes to the right person

19. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

You could always give them to me, I'll give you them back and you can give them out again, making you twice as generous. <ok>

20. rovertiger

The sad thing in that is I can see the logic in that <whistle>