1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Club Finances

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

The Club put the most recent set of Accounts in the public domain. Here is an excellent summary:

http://priceoffootball.com/fulham-tiger-feet/

A few observations -

* Mr Khan Snr appears to have abandoned his "sustainable" policy and has certainly bankrolled the Club recently

* Of the money he's input which is outside of FFP, and not mentioned in the article are:

a) purchase of the old BBC sports ground (£6m?) which went for planning permission last week; and
    b) some £7m spent and written off on the earlier Riverside Development plans

* Also not explicitly mentioned is that between 1st February 1017 and 31st January 2018 the Club paid Agent's fees of £2.5m

* Not all the 'wages' are for players - for instance included is £800k for the CEO. However, a fair amount that was spent on player 'wages' was wasted money - thanks to Mr Kline

* Financially, we'll really struggle next season unless promoted OR .... sell !!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  2. Benbow

Benbow New Member

Hi All

I'm a long time reader of the 606/not 606 Fulham pages, but first time commenter. Firstly, I wanted to say thanks to you all. I lived in Hammersmith in the late 90s, and started supporting Fulham.I've been back in Australia for quite some time now, but have been able to keep in touch with the nitty gritty of the team and how the seasons have panned out thanks to this site and all of you.

I had a look at this post, and it's quite concerning. Perhaps stating the obvious, but the consequences of not being promoted this season in particular seem quite drastic, and make it a lot more difficult for the club in future.

It was disappointing to see the draw result overnight (although by accounts a fair result). I was hoping we'd keep the pressure on Cardiff. Hopefully Slav and the team can do the business and get us up to 2nd over the coming weeks.

COYW!

3. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Hi Benbow, good to hear you still follow Fulham from down under.

Leaving aside the finances outside of FFP. The one that intrigues me is the agents fees. is that too considered outside FFP ?
    I think this is the story that the Leeds chairmen was asking clarification from the EFL, but they in their normal confusion & trying to hide a loop-hole failed to clarify.
    Wasn't his question about the Wolves advisor/agent is that he asked Wolves directors how they could afford such players & their wages, and it was said that even though they paid low Championship wages, that they paid higher agents fees who then passed some of the bonus onto his players to supplement their loses ?
    So if those agents fees are somehow manipulated to be outside FFP, then would they be termed illegal payments.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  4. Cottager58

Welcome Benbow. It is a tad worrying and makes me all the madder at the distractions caused by the 'analytic' Craig Kline nonsense in the first half of the season.

Good questions SuperBri. Read the newspaper reports a wee while back on the Wolves situation and found it ironic that Leeds were complaining about potential 'illegal payments'. Since you posted have also tried to find a relevant 'rule' in the EFL regulations on FFP but none the wiser. Suspect neither are the powers that be and we'll get another QPR/Leceister fudge.

5. Cottager58