1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

CLUB BRUGES BE NAMED CHAMPIONS EVEN THOUGH LEAGUE IS NOT FINISHED WHY CANT LEEDS UTD BE NAMED SAME ?

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by sniffer1, Apr 4, 2020.

1. sniffer1

sniffer1 Well-Known Member

Club Bruges to be named champions of belguim pro league and the season has not finished yet , so why cant leeds utd be named champions and promoted to premier league and the bottom club from premier league get relegated , in my opinion its because FA decisions always go against leeds utd in my previous post i highlighted several decisions they have made against leeds utd , whats your thoughts on this , the belguim league is on the link below .

https://www.google.com/search?q=belgium league table&rlz=1C1CHWL_enTH892TH892&oq=belguim league &aqs=chrome.1.69i59j0j69i57j46j0l4.10037j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#sie=lg;/g/11h07w_xk2;2;/m/050yt0;st;fp;1;;

https://www.thenational.ae/sport/fo...er-belgian-pro-league-cancel-season-1.1000851

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  2. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

I understood that this was only a recommendation atm - the final discussions still have to take place where promotions & relegations etc. have to be discussed. It's not a certainty yet.

sniffer1 likes this.
  3. sniffer1

i have included a link please click on it , club bruges are to be named as champions even though the league matches have not finished , so Leeds United should be declared champions and the bottom club from premier league should be relegated .
    https://www.google.com/search?q=clu...9i60j69i61.16384j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

4. sniffer1

Also 17 clubs in belguim league called for the season to be cancelled and it will be ratified by a meeting that club bruges are declared champions , NOW the FA should declare LEEDS UNITED champions and promoted to premier league but with FA usual decisions against leeds united it remains to be seen .

The club bruges decision to be named champions without the league matches finishing shows that the football governing body in belguim DID NOT JUST CANCEL OR VOID THE SEASON , THE INCLUDED IN THE DECISION TO AWARD THE TOP SPOT AS CHAMPIONS !!
    this proves the FA can do the same but as usual against leeds united they will probably just void the season which IS A TOTAL INJUSTICE ! AND A DISGRACE IF THAT HAPPENS .

https://www.thenational.ae/sport/fo...er-belgian-pro-league-cancel-season-1.1000851

5. JonnyLosAngeles

JonnyLosAngeles Well-Known Member

The situations are not comparable.

the Belgian League has one game left to play and Bruges is 15 points ahead of second place.

The second division still has nine games to play, in case you need reminding.

6. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

7. sniffer1

it does not matter how many games are left , the season has still finished before all games are completed , what about 2nd place ? a team trying to get into it might have got to 2nd place but now cannot but they still stopped the season so they can do the same with leeds

8. JonnyLosAngeles

JonnyLosAngeles Well-Known Member

Of course, the number of games matter! Bruges cannot be overtaken. Leeds and WBA can be!

9. leeds down south

leeds down south Well-Known Member

Under the initial season rules they would have gone into a playoff round for the Championship and wouldn't have been certainties for the league. I admit it's still very different from the situation Leeds find themselves in.

JonnyLosAngeles likes this.
  10. sniffer1

if the season finishes now LEEDS and WBA CANNOT be overtaken so should be awarded champions ( leeds ) and Runners up ( WBA ) and so should be promoted to the premier league , im all for carrying the season on behind closed doors , BUT if the FA announce that the season is finished early because of coronavirus then the current league position should count as nobody can overtake leeds and WBA as the season has finished , so it does not matter about how many games have been played if the FA say thats it the season has finished then nobody can overtake leeds and wba so they are the 2 in automatic promotion places and so should be promoted with LEEDS AS CHAMPIONS !