1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Clint Hill wants 'cauldron of fire and hate' from fans against Chelsea

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by kiwiqpr, Apr 9, 2015.

1. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

QPR defender Clint Hill wants 'cauldron of fire and hate' from fans against Chelsea

please log in to view this image

Clint Hill has praised the impact of QPR boss Chris Ramsey and asked fans for a "cauldron of fire and hate" against Chelsea on Sunday.
    Veteran defender Hill scored his first Premier League goal in Tuesday's thrilling 3-3 draw at Aston Villa, a result which keeps QPR's survival hopes alive despite failing to drag them out of the bottom three.
    It capped off an impressive few days for the relegation threatened side following Saturday's 4-1 victory at West Brom, and Hill has praised Chris Ramsey's impact since he replaced Harry Redknapp.
    Speaking to the QPR Podcast, he said:
    We’ve simplified our game since Chris has come in. He’s not tried to bamboozle us with any mad formations or tactics, or any style of play. He just wants us to go out there and give 100%. And to show the desire that the fans and the club deserve.
    Just stripping it back and going back to basics with a 4-4-2 that most of us have played most of our careers and just going back to simple basic football.
    It might not be pretty at times but it lets everybody know where they are, what to do and what position to be in.
    – Clint Hill speaking to the QPR podcast
    please log in to view this image

John Terry can expect a frosty reception when he returns to QPR
    QPR welcome Premier League leaders Chelsea to Loftus Road on Sunday, a game that never fails to serve up a ferocious atmosphere between the London neighbours.
    The Blues suffered a surprise defeat there under Andre Villas-Boas in October 2011 when they had two players sent off, and John Terry was later banned and fined for racially abusing Anton Ferdinand.
    Hill believes the home supporters have an important role to play on Sunday, when Jose Mourinho's side will be expected to collect another comfortable three points in their quest for the league title.
    Everyone expects Chelsea to win it and steamroll us but we were there a few years ago [when QPR beat Chelsea 1-0] and if we could just replicate that same kind of atmosphere and cauldron of fire and hate, to a certain degree, that the fans give Chelsea. If we can try and get anything near what happened that day, we pulled off an absolute miracle. I’m sure we could do it again with that same support.
    – QPR defender Clint Hill

2. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Well, that certainly is fuel to the fire!

3. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

Strange.

4. goldcoast hoop

goldcoast hoop Well-Known Member

Its up to our supporters now I know you
    can do it get in there faces and ears
    let em know we mean business

5. qprgazman

qprgazman Member

WHAT HILL WANTS HILL WILL GET URSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

kiwiqpr likes this.
  6. Ranger74

Ranger74 Well-Known Member

Good words Clint, it's called the 'mata effect' where a player is too scared to even take a corner!

7. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Seconded.

8. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

How very true!

9. thisismyengland

thisismyengland Active Member

Oddly, the most hostile LR crowd I remember was vs. Spurs not Chelsea in that first season back in the top flight. The Spurs team looked visibly rattled, I thought. Bale, I think it was, looks close to tears when some wag in the Ellerslie Rd. stand got a bit awkward about returning the ball for a throw in. That said, I did miss the Chelsea fixture due to having to be in the pit of hot dullness that is Abu Dhabi. No data roaming set up that day so I was calling my dad for updates and thought at first he was winding me up about being a goal up against 10 men. Happy daze. Seems like ages ago, with so much squandered by our club since then.

awjm likes this.
  10. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

The new Chelsea fans are nothing like the old lot. These new glory hunters feel nothing for us and probably see Man U or Liverpool as more of a rival now. When i last went to 'Silent Bridge' i watched and listened to their fans and seriously 90% had probably only seen a few games in their life. I was embarrassed for them. Remember one bloke dressed head to tail in Chelsea gear complete with a flag asked me where the ground was!

Where QPR have kept it soul and roots, Chelsea has sold it's soul to any glory hunting mug. I will be there Sunday singing but sometimes i think what is the point of goading their fans that was probably supporting Man U a fews years back?

11. Madrid_Ranger

Madrid_Ranger Well-Known Member

Jose Mourinho 'The QPR fans were fantastic today. Our fans were s@@t' 12/04/15

And a result of course......

.....no, I didn't copy homework!