1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Classic Stupidity

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by Ken Shabby, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

Well, that will take some beating. Go back a couple of months, and the club bring in Karel Fraeye, on an 'interim basis while looking for a permanent manager'. We then go through a truely terrible set of results, during which performances take a nose dive. The supporters are enraged by the apparent permanence of the interim coach, not helped by his almost comical lack of experience. There were more opportunities to sack him than we played matches but , but by sheer incompetence, we stick by him until the january transfer window is half gone, and even then, it took not only a spineless defest against Colchester, but a damn good thrashing last night, plus his embarrassing and cowardly refusal to meet the press to forcé the regime to move. During all this, the fans anger has risen from being mildly annoyed to the recent mass demonstrations with the threat of more to come.
    So we arrive at january 13th. With the fans literally baying for blood, the board finally sack the manager. It should have pulled at least a few onside, but almost simultaneously, we announce the new manager will be an unknown Serb cutting his teeth in Hungary with.....wait for it.....another network club. It is then announced he might not be coming, just for good measure. I mean, they do what 98% of the fans wanted, and they still manage to piss everyone off even more. you could'nt make it up.
    To be honest, there is probably no way realistically this regime could get back onside with the fans, but their abilities to stick two fingers up at us are both imaginative and spitefull.Only last week, the Fisher King, Richard Murray, was telling us communications were important, yet over the last few days, there have been no official communications, apart from a stupid announcement that Riga was coming back (dipping a toe in the wáter to see how little effort would calm the fans?). Our CEO has'nt been heard from since the video nasty she made in Ireland hit the internet over a month ago, though her now legendary flight from Colchester in the kitman's van with the manager will live on forever.
    Time to quit Roland- you can't top that, and the hatred is now guaranteed. There are managers, but you can't find them because you still don't see what is going wrong. But if you are thinking about that Irish guy from St. Truiden, well, you just try it. And please come to the Blackburn game to sample the mood.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  2. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

It looks like the Club are now fighting a rearguard action against us. Sending Borat back after giving him the job is a defeat for the Supreme Leader. But I wouldn't put it past them to try the same "interim manager" trick again, with young Wim this time. They're a crafty lot, these Belgians, but they don't like it up 'em.

3. Bitter & Malicious

Bitter & Malicious Well-Known Member

The OS states:
    "A search for a new Head Coach has commenced".

Surely they were already searching as Mr Bean was only "interim"? Have they cancelled that search, or do they have parallel, and possibly competing, searches in process? The danger there would be if they have two searches onging which alight on the same man, they could outbid each other.

I think they should commence a third search now, for the new man's successor. This would obviate any embarrassing interregnums next time round (in about three months).

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  4. Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski Well-Known Member

I can see this getting violent at some point. Another 0-4 defeat at The Valley and people are storming the directors box.

I've been wondering over the weeks, how many of the hardcore fans have been switching their seats to the West Stand to berate them.

She or Murray does one of their dodgy laughs after that fourth goes in and people are jumping over the barriers!

5. chaperonek9

chaperonek9 Active Member

It is obvious what is going to happen next! The Club appoint ' a name' (british) manager to appease the hordes before the next game. He is given a short term contract until the end of the season, at which time we find ourselves relegated. That give the ideal opportunity for Roland to say, 'well, now perhaps you will do it my way....' and a Network flunky is put in place, only for the whole circus to be repeated........

However, if the 'dream ticket' of Curbs and CP were given the position prior to the Blackburn game, and we managed to stay up, then Roland would not know if he should stick or twist so to speak. Perhaps he would then be so embarrassed he may even decide to walk away......?

6. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

There is no doubt whatsoever that Duchatelet wanted to appoint the Serb yesterday, and was forced to backtrack by a combination of factors. I believe that was of those was the vitriolic reaction to the Tweet from TalkSports at 2pm.This will have been passed back to Belgium.There are also credible rumours that "senior players" voiced concerns yesterday about another cheap and unproven foreign non entity joining the circus. Even the [British] players have had enough. The Club DEFINITELY pay attention to social media and the message boards - Olly Groome feeds it all back and Sue Parkes and Mick Everett have both piped up again since the Colchester game. Lets scare the sh1t out of these scumbags by having the biggest and most hostile protest yet next Saturday. The Venkys are coming to town - Meire will have to explain to the chicken farmers why the fans think she is a turkey.

FolkestoneAddick likes this.
  7. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

I went to B&Q yesterday and passed the end of Sparrow Lane at 6:30pm ........... it is unheard of for players to be leaving the training ground at that time but I saw about 6 players cars pull into Avery Hill Rd and there were a lot more headlights coming up Sparrows Lane!

Perhaps they had carried out a 'sit in' after morning training? Or perhaps the Bitch wanted to talk to them all to give them the good news about the Serb?

8. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Interesting to hear that the ujpest (sp) fans had previously protested against douche himself, but this manager had turned them around. It sounds as if it was us and their fans that stopped the move - as the news broke on their site that he was staying after angry feedback.

It was also said he could still be on his way in the future..

9. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

It must be encouraging that they actually backed down for once. As Cpl. Jones said, they don't like it up 'em. As Vol said, they have declared war, and though we have won a battle, the enemy is crafty and deceitful. This seems to run right through the administrative side of the club now, not just the CEO. Leopards don't change their spots, and The Supreme Leader will now, even as we speak, be working out a way to put his mad ideas into effect, even if it means biding his time. Personally I'm all in favour of CARD, and Rick seems to be emerging as a leader of the cause. I don't have a problem with this at all, he puts our case much better than anyone else, and his name gets put forward for radio interviews for that reason. I'll be absent from all this for 4 weeks now, but will be at the protests in spirit.

GERINTIUM!!

10. User deleted as requested

What are the odds that the "competitive recruitment process" now underway ends up recommending a foreign Network stooge with no experience <cheers>

11. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Or somebody already at the club.

12. Whats up Doc

Whats up Doc Well-Known Member

De Corte and Euell were both 8/1 last night, not sure now but there's value there

13. User deleted as requested

Talking of betting value, Hull are 1/3 on Saturday <cheers>

Fill your boots - its a better rate of interest than the Bank of England is offering.

No manager, no leadership, players fighting with each other. And no Reza to score the goals ...

If Hull get an early one, the floodgates will open.

14. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Well-Known Member

-1 is just over evens and -2 just over 3's.
    Considering how many times we have lost 3-0 and other circumstances I will be putting £100 on that, possibly more if I'm pissed enough on Friday.

15. Dazza

Dazza New Member

I heard Andy Delort is being primed for the manager's job! ;)

16. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

That will be the rumour for about 6 weeks Dazza then he'll join Bolton as their Manager...

Worry if 'What's LePoint' is rumoured to take over <ok>

17. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Jesus - Andy Delort. What a saga that was.

18. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The Elfsborg Sparrow Well-Known Member

I wonder if the Iranian dude will play for us again.

19. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Well-Known Member

Hopefully the rumours re St Truiden are true. Not a bad player - just not suited to the league and not up for the fight.

20. Scratchingvalleycat

Scratchingvalleycat Active Member

Not on Saturday he wont but to be fair he was committed enough to put his foot in and try and win the ball in his short cameo which was more than VazTe did all evening. There were plenty of high feet that went unpunished from the Huddersfield side as well.

I wonder whether the argument in the dressing room was Johnson having a go at Reza whilst JJ tried to break this up. We all recognise he shouldn't have made the rash tackle and the blood got to his head. We were playing with 10 men when he came on and finished with 9. Vaz Te does not qualify other than as a very slow moving earthwork. My guess is Reza may play again but not in the same starting 11 as Johnson.

DonCorleone likes this.