1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Clarke out for 10 weeks

Discussion in 'Oxford Utd' started by Gfunk, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Gfunk

Gfunk Member

2. Richmondoufc

Richmondoufc Member

Going by Wayne Brown's previous performances I think we're going to need to sign a new keeper!! There's a very good chance Clarkey won't play again this season and with 20 games left we'd be mad to risk it with Brown and rookie Crocombe IMO

3. DidcotOUFC

DidcotOUFC Member

Brown is not the answer, every time I have seen him play he has cocked it up. In fairness he dosn't get any match practice as we don't have a reserve side. A loan keeper would be my choice if there was any money available.

4. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well I can assure you that Luke McCormick was a very good goalkeeper when he was at Plymouth.......well loved by the fans.

One night of drink drive madness changed his life forever.....and the parents of those two young boys even more so.

Will the fans, home or away, allow him to do what he has been good at, keeping goal....he was a regular pick with Romain Larrieu,and they shared the job over quite a few years.

Has he still got it and will he be able to concentrate with the murmurings that will be inevitably be behind him.....reminding him of his one big mistake.

He has paid the price for what he has done....and wants to do what he was good at again......good luck to you Luke.

I don't know if playing for you at Home Park on the 16th Feb is a good idea.....we shall have to wait and see.

5. Richmondoufc

Richmondoufc Member

Thanks for that Plymborn.

To say this signing has divided opinion amongst Oxford fans would be a huge understatement. There's no doubting the lad has talent but with our own fans qustioning the moral intregrity of the club maybe this wasn't the best idea in the world.

On the other hand he has been punished by the law and will have to live with the guilt every day for the rest of his life let alone the rest of his career.

I'm positive he'll be the target of abuse from opposing fans and to be honest it's impossible to defend what he did.

6. DidcotOUFC

DidcotOUFC Member

Luke McCormick did everything right at Southend, looked steady and gave the defenders in front of him confidence - unlike Wayne Brown. The Southend fans took every chance to boo Luke McCormick however the Oxford fans responded with 'we're Oxford United we'll sign who we want'. However away fans are very defensive of their club and team against taunts from the opposition.

It will be interesting to see what kind of reception the home fans give him against Rovers this weekend. I'm glad Chris Wilder has signed a keeper as we needed one big time. I for one will not boo when his name is called out. Adam Chapman was given a second chance and Luke McCormick needs one as well. If he turns out to be a good keeper the fans will back him; if he turns out like Wayne Brown the boo boys will have an excuse to berate wilder once again.

7. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He might be received ok at Home Park......well liked and respected as a Keeper and a person.

He has been punished by the law of the land for his moment of madness.......but that is small time compared with waking up each morning and remembering what he has done......if only those two young boys had been wearing their seat belts.....things might of been so different....that fact doesn't change Lukes moment of madness but if we in hindsight could know what the outcome might of been ?

8. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Well said Plymborn and I for one think he was one of the best keepers we had at HP and a lovely lad to boot !