1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

City V Chelsea

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Bullet tooth Tony, May 7, 2021.

1. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Curious one this, Pep saying he is going for it to win the most important trophy of all AKA The Prem, Whilst knowing he could quite easily play a weakened team rest his best and still win it comfortably and keep the best for the CL cup final. I personally think the champions league is his major goal and may keep his top squad for this so unless I'm wrong and usually am, a point will be a good result for us. The Barcodes did us a great favour tonight, not just the win but the goal difference, means our match with Leicester could prove the decider. West Ham could also be a factor and I for one did not expect that at the beginning of the season well done Moyes. If we keep our intensity up and play the way we did against Real, then happy days, but we are Chelsea and anything could happen. Oh it usually turns out.....................

Naas Blue likes this.
  2. Naas Blue

Naas Blue Well-Known Member

After the Leicester result tonight and the way the table is i think we will now finish 3rd. The fact that we have Leicester as one of our last 3 matches, means that even losing against City, we can get 3rd by winning those 3 matches (home to Arsenal, home to Leicester, and away to Villa). They will be tough matches but i think the way we are playing at the moment we can do it. That win against the hammers was vital as it gives us a free hit as it were against City. The 2 team sheets for this game will be very interesting !!!

3. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

This game has draw written all over it. City have the most to lose in this as being beaten twice before a massive cup final has a huge psychological impact. They’ll want to avoid defeat at all costs.
    This could be a good game to give some fringe players a go and get some game time but still it’s a must win for us!

4. Bullet tooth Tony

Massive win and well deserved, Billy Gilmour fantastic, Kante immense Werner getting better(did not think I'd be saying that), James great game. We were all over the pitch better than our opposition the only blot on the paper was Christiensen's mistake for the goal that also may well end his season with the subsequent injury but the way Kurt slotted in there should be no problem, looking good fellow blues Gilmour though in a game of that magnitude proved you can put an old head on young shoulders take a bow my son, and no blame for the penalty Jesus stepped across and away from the ball to initiate the contact for the penalty and threw himself when contact was made but in todays game they get given.

5. Bullet tooth Tony

Just watched MotD and Lineaker Shearer and Wright said it was a penalty. I have seen the footage and I can tell you that Jesus jumped in front of Gilmour threw a leg out to seem like he was going for the ball and fell over. Stone wall yellow card for simulation for me. Clever play for today's sad interpretation.

6. Bullet tooth Tony

We are going to love this Gilmour dude 19 yrs old and plays like a veteran.

7. Bullet tooth Tony

8. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Kid with a huge talent and future for sure, and didn't he get better second half when the rust started to wear off ? Reece James was back to his rampaging best, have been wondering why he had become so reluctant to attack recently. Got to feel for Christensen who's had a great season under Audi and looks like he's done for the season. Alonso looks a better bet than Chilwell to me at the moment as well.
    Gilmour incident never a penalty, not so sure about Zouma !!

9. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Great management from the club after Billy's terrible injury

Back playing again in December and has now made 11 first XI appearances.

even played 2 crucial Prem games.

The club have managed his return brilliantly