1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

City v Barnsley

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by bcfcredandwhite, Jan 18, 2020.

1. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Did anyone go today?

I did. My first ‘live’ game this season (all the others I’ve seen have been on TV)

For what it’s worth I thought the game was interesting and entertaining. Poor finishing from both sides but I always felt we had the upper hand - despite the stats suggesting the opposite.

Barnsley closed us down well - not giving us time in the ball, but we also looked ok on the counter attack.
    Special mention for Pato - I thought he was MotM for me. I was amazed when he was subbed.
    By contrast I thought Brownhill - so often the hero - was invisible and barely featured.
    Bentley and Weimann did what they always do - 100% effort. Elliasson also - popping up for the goal when the ‘strikers’ had failed.
    Big negative for me though was how ‘static’ we were at throw-ins - the thrower had to take pot luck so many times. No movement (Pato and Weimann excepted)
    Anyway, 3 points and still in the mix - plus the Gas lost so a good weekend so far!!

AshtonRed likes this.
  2. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

Very low quality game. Boring for large parts then ending with excitement. Better that way round.

Maybe a sign here that Mr Johnson is settling on a means to go forward. Three wins out of the last four and there is a sort of shape and a emphasis on counter attack. Not so much time to get A.B.C in to really change the football around. He could be really going again with that in approach.

3. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

Scraped a win and anything but convincing. More action and comical moments than previous games. The top four are the top passers and move it City are not and don't but if City can get themselves better organised and drilled maybes are there.