1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

City on the up

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by messiaharry, May 14, 2011.

1. messiaharry

messiaharry Member

Posted this on 606 too

I dont see why our fans should be upset that City are on the up. Trophy today and a CL spot. It could turn out that the CL spot wasnt even at our expense if we finish 6th.

I think of City as being very similar to Spurs. Both are clubs that have more successful neighbours. Shouldnt we in some way be happy for them? You can give the argument they bought it but Spurs would too if we had that kind of money at our disposal. If they go on to win the title soon I for one would be happy for them. It mixes things up at the top which the league needs also.

Another pointer to you gunners haters is that if City improved on their place this season it would probably be them that drop down. With us and Liverpool challenging we could well see them miss out on CL some time soon.

Its not all bad, we had a bad season but we'll be back challenging next season dont doubt that.

2. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Well-Known Member

If my club was taken over by billionaire owners and we spent lots of money on players I would expect us to attack instead of parking the bus, especially at home as City did to Spurs, and I would not want to win the game on an own goal

You can accuse me of sour grapes but how many teams with a rich backer play the way City do?

3. The Mighty Thor

The Mighty Thor Well-Known Member

This is why I don't think they will do well in the CL. Their results are less than impressive for instance scraping a win 2-1 against a relegated team and at home. They beat us by an own goal. It's not good for them and they are an inconsistent team. If Mancini is poached they will need to start all over again and they are off loading a hell of a lot this summer so they are in a delicate position imo.

4. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

I don't care either way. I am a bit one eyed when it comes to football, my only real interest is how Spurs are doing. I will watch Man City in CL no doubt, but it will be to compare there effort with Spurs this season. I can't see that they will provide as much entertainment and the medias hunger to embrace the new rich kids does piss me off tbh.

5. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Well-Known Member

Yes there is

Without the billions they can't afford to pay the wages of the first team

6. The Mighty Thor

The Mighty Thor Well-Known Member

Spurf,why don't you look further afield than just Spurs? Don't you look at the other teams to see how well they are playing or how badly they are playing? I look at the others and if they are playing well then I'm not too upset if Spurs lose to them. I do not expect a win today so will be philosophical if we lose. We had a good time in the CL so let's let somebody else have some fun. City turned it around on us so we are quits,even stevens if you like. We will be back,of that I am confident.

7. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

I don't go out of my way to watch other teams in any case it does not seem to make any difference how they are playing when they meet Spurs it's a different story. I can watch Wolves, Wigan, Blackpool etc and think oh Spurs will muller them. And then!!!!!!!!!! <steam>