1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

City away, 17th April 2013

Discussion in 'Wigan' started by HP Sauce, Apr 17, 2013.

1. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

Everyone says a dress rehearsal for the cup final but I think Bobby might make a number of changes - as will Mancini, but he'll do it because he's got a big squad, and he wants to give some of his other thoroughbreds a run out! There are some I expect to definitely play - McManaman, Alcaraz, Figueroa, McArthur - but then I don't know who he might rest? Boyce looks tired. Maloney is getting on. Scharner? Kone? We're in contract talks with di Santo and I think Bobby might be less keen to use him - shame, because I'd like Kone to be fresh for Saturday. West Ham at the weekend is a more important game for us.

Maybe something like this, with three central defenders and Figueroa working as a defensive wing back?

Joel / al Habsi

Stam/Boyce Alcaraz Caldwell Scharner Figueroa

McArthur Espinoza/McCarthy

McManaman di Santo/Kone Gomez

2. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

Anymore info about di Santo`s contract talks first i've herd of it. HP

3. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

How on earth did we just lose, gutted, should have taken our chances though :(

4. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

On the one hand that was really tough to take. By far the better team for most of the game. Losing like that is a blow. An unwillingness to shoot when within twenty yards cost us dear. He must tell them that no matter how well positioned they are to have a go, someone will be better. Figueroa charges fifty yards up the pitch, defenders scatter not knowing whether to go to him or keep with their man, it all opens up and instead of shooting he's trying to pick a pass to players who've been closed down.

But on the other hand, we carry on playing like that we're going to enjoy the last few games of the season! Within a few minutes of the start though we were saying to each other - why didn't he set up like that against QPR? We play the bottom of the league club and we set up not to lose, we go to play the current champions and we take it to them. If we'd played like that at Loftus Road we'd have tonked them out of sight.

5. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

Its just like BCFC say`s we should have took our chances because as with always which i'm not saying a bad thing but if there`s a shot on goal tack it not pass just shoot for god sake.but City did us again in the dying minuets of the game with a wonder goal from Tevez which must surly have got to Bobby M. AND thinking what does he have to do to get 2 or 3 wins straight under his belt

6. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

These last six games are going to be fun Fromthe. Four of them we can get something from, particularly if we put on a performance like last night. It was only Hart and Lescott who kept them in it.

West Ham away at the weekend. As I've said already, if it weren't for Carroll I'd be really confident of three points. As it is, should be a good game!