1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Christmas Has Come Early....

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Premiershiporbust...., Nov 5, 2011.

1. Premiershiporbust....

Premiershiporbust.... Active Member

Just as RoD, I am now looking forward to the rest of the season like I haven't for a VERY long time. Today we had;-

a). players in correct positions
    b). no hopefully balls with no purpose but instead, intelligent passing to each other
    c). ball retention
    d). purpose
    e). organisation

and to top it all, JOINED UP FOOTBALL with the defence, midfield and attack looking more like a unit rather than 3 separate divisions and its only been 2 weeks so I think that there is plenty more to come in this department....

Its early days but I think we are seeing the start of something very special at the Gate so, bearing in mind the 2 previous results, I have to say that the attendance was very disappointing so, to those who stayed away, I say,

GET YOUR ASSES DOWN THE GATE AS THE DROSS THAT HAS BEEN DISHED OUT IN RECENT YEARS IS A THING OF THE PAST

2 wingers, intelligent passing, exciting football (I was out of my seat lots in the 2nd half) and as the movement improves, so will KK (to dispell those ridiculous LJ comparisons) - something exciting is happening at AG and as the momentum builds, this team will only get better and the true potential will show which despite the poor start, is play-off material

So glad I stuck a £5 each way on us at 500/1 as soon as DM was appointed - for the first time in about 3 years, I haven't felt this good about the football on a Saturday night - damn the 2 week break...!!

2. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Thanks Derek for :

Injecting confidence into the players and for lifting the entire club.
    Playing a system that fits the players we have.
    What the f**k have you done with Kilkenny - you've given him a role with players that allows him to 'boss' the match. Brilliant.
    The substitutions made so much sense, tactically and with 'fresh legs'.
    Pearson showed real promise and will get even better with games, let's hope he stays fit (apparently that's his main problem).
    Every player did well today but I thought Skuse was immense and a toss up between him and NK for my MOM.
    Can't get over how well you set the side up, you nor Doc never stopped encouraging and I came away today on cloud nine with hope for the season. I can't remember a time when City played so well at AG.

3. Ashton Matt

Ashton Matt Member

Kilkenny was immense today! McInnes has adopted a system to play to the players strengths and we are now starting to see the finished product. Really enjoyed the performance today. A big plus was seeing the reaction after conceding. In weeks gone by that would have killed us but the goal we conceded made us better. Proud to be a City fan again

4. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

neither can i, sexy football was being played today, lets hope we can continue with it

5. Premiershiporbust....

Premiershiporbust.... Active Member

The point with Kilkenny is that when you have NO MOVEMENT OR OPTIONS available, it is very hard to look good. As we get better and he has more options, he will get better as well, just like the rest of the team

6. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Thank you to the board, (all be it, a bit late) for showing Keef the door and appointing a manager that seems to know what he's doing..
    Well done to Derek & co and the players today......at long last, I think we have something to look forward to..

It was say by most of us, that the squad we had, with the right manager would and should not be struggling.
    A couple of additions in Jan to cover the defence and we should be looking at a mid table finish........

DM looks to be worth his salt......onwards and upwards...

7. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

What a relief to find out that I was walking away from the gate yesterday sober,I was so happy I thought I was pisssed,then I looked around and everybody was happy,laughing,actually walking and talking,not seen in BS3 for a long time.

It's all been said but it was a revelation,back to the culture of passball not hoofball,teamwork and with an end result.Kilkenny,Skusseeeeeee and Pearson outstanding..

Leadership on the pitch and off,Del and Doc,you are a partnership made in heaven,keep leading us to the promised land....

8. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

I cant ****in believe it, best part of 2 years I haven't missed a home game (except holidays) and have sat there and watched absolute dross which bored me to tears.

Faced with a choice of watching my son play and City play yesterday I plumped for the boy. (I did enjoy watching him!) but am gutted reading these posts, cos I had a feeling we were turning a corner.

Does this mean I am banned from any further home games?

9. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

10. Natchrawldry

Natchrawldry Active Member

Yes indeed!

11. Bigjohnatyeo

Bigjohnatyeo Well-Known Member

No way Banksy, we need you and a few more thousand to come back to the gate, in Del & Doc we are going places & that one place is definately not league one!!

12. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

booo first home win and wasn't there to see it <wah>

13. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Just to clarify having read that post back, I have been a season ticket holder since 1997. the dross started about 2 years ago!

BTW, I'm coming back anyhow <laugh>

14. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Banksy,you don't need to makes excuses but don't let it happen again ,otherwise you will have to join the rest of us making more excuses and the queue is a long one....<laugh>