1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Chris Young Update

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Tickler, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Tickler

Tickler Well-Known Member

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport...yann-m-vila-and-leroy-fer-this-week-1-7388975

Sunderland are hoping to conclude deals for midfield pair Yann M’Vila and Leroy Fer in time for the start of the season.

The Black Cats are in advanced talks with Ruben Kazan for France international M’Vila after the 25-year-old has been involved in an acrimonious dispute with the Russian club.

Reports in France that he will undergo a medical with Sunderland tomorrow are thought to be accurate and he should be a Black Cats in time for Saturday’s openineg day clash at Leicester.

But they are also looking to bring in Fer on a season-long loan from relegated QPR this week.

Fer has suffered the drop in each of the last two seasons, with Norwich and then QPR, but both clubs splashed out big sums on the Dutch international.

Sunderland are not looking to sign Fer permanently at this stage after QPR spent £8million on him 12 months ago, and it is thought to be just a straightforward loan deal that they are in talks over.

But QPR - who let defender Steven Caulker join Southampton on loan last week - are looking to shift players off their wage bill.

Fer scored in both games against Sunderland last season - two of six he managed for QPR.

However despite fresh reports, Fenerbahce forward Moussa Sow is not thought to be a player Sunderland are pursuing and neither are the Black Cats looking at Blackburn striker Jordan Rhodes.

Sunderland have been offered the chance to sign Brazilian striker Alexandre Pato, but it is unlikely that they will follow up with a move for the ex-AC Milan man.

2. The Ultimate Mackem

The Ultimate Mackem Well-Known Member

We better have a option to buy at the end of the loan. Plus Mr young hasn't got a clue really. Fer scored against us in both games last season LOL wrong. What a prat.

3. Tickler

Looks like he scored and got an assist...
    So technically was the cause of 2 goals against us last season

I'd argue Mr Young has far more of a clue than any of us

Sunderlad and Brian Storm like this.
  4. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

Well he's better than that lot at the Ronnie Gill.

5. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

By far.

6. grimsby mackem

grimsby mackem Well-Known Member

I'd of agreed with that but am starting to think he knows very little and just latches on to other news reports now, he did a web chat last Thursday was asked about departures and said nothing imminent and only player he mentioned leaving was Buckley, an hour or so later the Wickham news was all over sky sports. That sort of thing suggests to me he's not as in the know as he makes out, the article you've posted is just regurgitating news that others were writing about yesterday.

The Ultimate Mackem likes this.
  7. Tickler

Could that not be up until that point and then Palace came in with an offer that was above the clubs initial valuation and they accepted it instantly?

8. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

I've no doubt that he will probably hear more than us, but I could have wrote all that

salad fingers likes this.
  9. grimsby mackem

grimsby mackem Well-Known Member

It could well be mate but I would imagine a longer negotiation than this will have taken place given the reported £9 million fee and the reported inclusions of add ons in this and the fact he wasn't at Doncaster the previous night. It just seems to me that Chris Young didn't have a clue about this which makes me question just how in the know he is, he's still worth following though as he doesn't seem to make **** up with regard to us and transfers.

10. Brian Storm

Just goes to show doesn't it? Even the reporters who are closest to the club(and he is) aren't privileged to all information, something folk should bear in mind when threads go up on the strength of a daily star article reprinting Agent tip offs.

Mind you, Dan King at the Sun is clearly the man in the know at the moment, He's been fed an extremely accurate run of tip off recently.

By the way, the Connor transfer had been broken a good hour before Sky latched on. Sky is last onto everything.

Could you direct me to the quote where Chris Young claims to be in the know? He's our local reporter who's close to the club, round up articles are his bread and butter. He does them every day and shouldn't be criticized for keeping the people who aren't online up to date while they open the paper with their morning coffee. The man is an Asset, one of the few who won't drag us into the mud to further his own career, it's why he's trusted by the club to do things like join the club on tour or lead the post match questioning at the press conferences. Just my opinion but there's plenty unethical bastards out there who can be criticized without laying into the good ones.

11. Brian Storm

All the media were fed that Connor picked up an injury in Toronto including Chris, we know this because media outlets covering the match all went with the same info.

12. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

he'll know as much as the club let him know. which ain't very much these days, but he'll hear about stuff before we do.

no more loose lips on the SAFC ship.

Gil T Azell and Brian Storm like this.
  13. The Ultimate Mackem

So assist are goals now? Mr young said fer scored in both games against sunderland. That is wrong end of pal.

My opinion about Mr young is he breaks news that we already know. I remember stuff like, O'Neill will not get sack, days later he got sack, what about when he Said we will not sign Adam Johnson because of his high wages, wrong again, I could go on.

14. Tickler

Didnt say they were...but an assist is directly helping in a goal being scored...

Fair enough mate but he has his opinions the same as any of us and similarly to any of us he will get things wrong...

Personally think he is more ITK than any of us, generally he will have more contacts within the club than 99% of us

Brian Storm likes this.
  15. The Ultimate Mackem

You get assists for farting theses days pal

Of course the bloke has more contracts than you but can you remember Mr young breaking a big news story for us? I can't like. Just seems other people Knows more than him.

All about opinions tho pal.

16. Brian Storm

What about when you said we'd go down and we didn't, you also said you'd **** off if we stayed up and you didn't. The irony in your posts is amusing, especially as you're just splitting hairs over an irrelevant detail.

17. The Ultimate Mackem

Iam not the one what's sucking mr young off tho. I got stuff wrong but I got **** loads of stuff right. I will say more right than wrong.

Plus if you bringing up stuff about what I said in the past then what about you. Didn't you say you was leaving because you had enough of this board? Plus you spat your ****ing dummy out loads of time to.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  18. Tickler

please log in to view this image

19. Brian Storm

<laugh> My catchphrase isn't "I'm always right end of!" I didn't say I'd leave off the back of losing a bet neither, I was just pissed off, I don't mind admitting it. You've shown what your word is worth. As bad as Albert Chip Shop with his failure to honor his bets. :emoticon-0109-kiss:

20. The Ultimate Mackem

I rather be Mr catchphrase than Mr hissy fit man, can't wait till the next time you have a meltdown LOL who is next to blame for cat man's **** life LOL

Brian Storm likes this.