1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Chris Wilder not doing himself any favours

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by ManFeelings, Mar 7, 2012.

1. ManFeelings

ManFeelings Member

"I think there are a lot of things that went against us. We didn't get anything off the referee and I had a bad feeling before the game about him if I'm honest.

He was on first name terms with them and it was the first time he's refereed us - we didn't get a decision all night."

No, not including when Collins was assasinated in the box and then booked for diving. What a chump <doh>

2. Hounded Out By Morons

Hounded Out By Morons Well-Known Member

Apparently he has refereed Oxford before, which proves Wilder is talking through his aspect. The major decisions ie.Collins penalty and the offside second goal went in favour of Oxford in the first half. Most of the decisions in the second half did seem to favour Shrewsbury, although none were crucial.

3. ManFeelings

ManFeelings Member

Agreed KDS. Although I think he was crap, we couldn't really claaim he lost us the game. We were two down before he could make any dubious decision. But overall a very poor excuse for a referee.

4. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

The Collins incident was right in front of me and he did go down very easily - I do not think we can complain about that. I thought the ref was pretty good - Wilder is just joining the Ferguson way of blaming mishaps on the ref - if they had not started to waste time from the moment they went 2-0 up they would have beaten us as we were there for the taking at that point.

5. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If you watch the BBC match footage when Wroe's shot goes over the goalie signals to people behind yo slow the return of the ball.